On January 8, Huawei has begun the stable EMUI 12 update for Huawei Mate 40 Pro smartphone along with other flagships in the global market. Since the initial release, Huawei Mate 40 Pro EMUI 12 major update has been expanding and this time, it reached Slovenia in Europe.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro is one of the top-selling smartphones of Huawei and has a large number of shipped units across the globe. Therefore, the EMUI 12 major update is taking some time to reach all Mate 40 Pro devices launched in different markets.
According to information, a stable EMUI 12 software update for Huawei Mate 40 Pro smartphone is rolling out with EMUI version 18.104.22.168 and a massive update package of 5.97GB in Slovenia.
So, Huawei Mate 40 Pro users have you grabbed the EMUI 12 major software? If yes, then you will surely be happy with its offerings. But, if not, it is recommended you download and install it as soon as possible.
One thing to be mentioned, to upgrade over the stable EMUI 12 software update, you will need EMUI 11 base version 22.214.171.124. Also, keep at least 6GB of free space on the smartphone to properly download the major update installation package.
Coming to EMUI 12 changelog, it consisted of changes made to UI more impressive, smart folders for easier app access, new flexible fonts, new control and notification panel, Huawei share for fast resource sharing, and more.
Editor’s choice: Here’s Huawei Mate 40 Pro EMUI 12 changelog
To download the latest update, users just need to open the phone’s settings, click on the software & updates, then tap on the software update followed by “check for updates”. Once the update appeared, click on the download and install option.
Special thanks to the tipster- Sergej, for sharing this amazing information with us.
EMUI 12 full changelog:
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops