Huawei is rolling out June 2021 update for the Mate 20 series global units. The security patch installed by this software comes with fixes for several issues in the software kernel and provides better system security.
According to the information coming Huaweiblog, the June 2021 security update for Huawei Mate 20 devices Rolling out with EMUI 11 version 188.8.131.52 and an update package size of 232MB. To be mentioned, the rollout is expanding in batches, so its arrival on your model may take some time.
However, we recommend you take a look at your device via that settings section. To do this, open Settings > Software & updates > updates, Check for updates, and if available, download and install. Your phone will restart and begin the installation process.
However, it’s recommended that you keep the Huawei Mate 20 series charged above the recommended level. Also, back up your important data to prevent any data loss, however, the update will not erase any of it. Moreover, make sure, your Mate 20 model has sufficient storage to store the update package that will automatically be deleted after the installation.
(image source – huaweiblog)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei has officially listed all of the EMUI 12 features, which shows a brand new design and lots of new features compared to the EMUI 11. These include the new home screen, icons, animation effects, better customizations, control panel, notification center, Device Plus, and many other additions that enhance the overall user experience.
However, we’re still scratching our heads, whether Huawei is interested in rolling out the same software update for the Huawei Mate 20 series devices along with other flagship or, it has planned to debut HarmonyOS 2 instead.
The situation is not clear, and the clouds of doubts are clearly visible with the arrival of EMUI 12. It could be a good sign but the mystery behind the base EMUI 12 software remains to unfold and we’re yet to confirm, whether Huawei has made up its mind to send HarmonyOS 2 for the global models. Or, it is just the EMUI 12 that will drop to their device via OTA.
Whatever happens, we’ll keep you posted. Until then, we recommend you check the EMUI 12 features linked below.
Huawei EMUI December 2021 Updates List
Huawei has released a security patch as well as device details for the December 2021 EMUI security patch. However, the month of December 2021 will bring us a lot of new software updates including enhancements, security improvements as well as other parts of the Huawei EMUI software system.
Since last month, Huawei has started testing EMUI 12 beta software for different devices including Mate 40 Pro, P40 series as well as Mate 30 Pro devices. Moreover, the company has already delivered the first EMUI 12 beta builds for the corresponding models.
Furthermore, Huawei P30, Mate 20, P40 Lite, and Nova 7i users also began their EMUI 12 beta recruitment process that allows them to test the latest EMUI version features in advance and ahead of the official rollout procedure.
Behind the scene, the Chinese tech maker always seeds new features and software enhancements for various EMUI devices via OTA software updates and December 2021 is no exception to this process.
Therefore, this December 2021 EMUI updates archive will keep you posted on all of the rollouts that are occurring in real-time for Huawei devices.
Huawei EMUI November 2021 Updates:
December 2, 2021:
- Huawei is expanding November 2021 security patch for Nova 5T device in Europe that improves the overall system security and allows you to install the latest software enhancement.
December 3, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G is receiving an October 2021 security update that brings a number of improvements to the system software.
There’s always a possibility that a software update might have been waiting on your smartphone ready to install. Therefore you can head towards your phone’s Settings section and check for the software update.
EMUI 12 Tracker: Eligible Device, Features and Release Date
Huawei has officially revealed all of the EMUI 12 features, inspired by new the HarmonyOS operating system for global users. This new EMUI version comes with a bunch of new features and improvements over EMUI 11 and provides a better user experience.
EMUI 12 features include:
- Minimalistic UI Design
- Motion Effects
- Font Weight
- Control Panel
- Notification Center
- Distributed File System
- Better MeeTime
- More Performance
- Enhanced Security
Check the detailed EMUI 12 features here (Link)
EMUI 12 Eligible Devices:
Currently, we don’t have any information about the eligible devices for the Huawei EMUI 12 or the rollout roadmap. However, if the rollout appears, then it’ll first begin with the Huawei Mate 40 series, P40 series, Mate 30 series and expand forward.
Meanwhile, this EMUI 12 tracker will keep you posted with the latest news regarding EMUI 12.
EMUI 12 Latest News: Tracker
December 5, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 20 series users can now participate in the EMUI 12 beta activity to test the latest features ahead of official rollout. Read more.
December 4, 2021:
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphones have started testing the latest version of EMUI – EMUI 12 beta in the global market.
- EMUI 12 beta recruitment begins for Huawei P40 Lite 5G.
- EMUI 12 beta program for Huawei Nov 7i initiated for the global consumers.
December 3, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T begins EMUI 12 beta recruitment to bring new features.
November 25, 2021:
- Google apps are working fine on EMUI 12, as found in our report.
November 22, 2021:
- Huawei has started sending the first EMUI 12 beta software update for P40, Mate 40, and Mate 30 series users in the global market and it brings a bunch of new features for the consumers.
- If you want to know what EMUI 12 brings for the consumers? Check out this features changelog that brings new additions.
November 13, 2021:
- Huawei has officially announced EMUI 12 beta testing registration in Russia. Registrations are opened for the Huawei P40 series including P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus.
November 9, 2021:
- EMUI 12 beta testing has now started for the global Huawei smartphone owners. Read more.
November 1, 2021:
- Huawei EMUI 12 has now been confirmed as a major software rollout for global consumers.
October 29, 2021:
- EMUI 12 is seemingly based on Android and not Android 10.
- Here are all of the EMUI 12 eligible devices. Check here.
- Huawei EMUI 12 launched and its rollout will begin in 2022.
October 25, 2021:
- Huawei nova 9 comes with pre-installed EMUI 12, this allows users to test new features.
August 28, 2021:
- Why Huawei has launched the latest EMUI version and why not rolling out HarmonyOS 2 for global users? Let’s find out more information on this report.
August 26, 2021:
- Huawei released all of the EMUI 12 features, yet a rollout map is still awaited.
August 10, 2021:
- We reported that the user interface of the EMUI 12 has HarmonyOS inspired user interface, which looks way better and intuitive compared to the EMUI 11 or previous-gen EMUI system.
August 5, 2021:
- Huawei launched Huawei Nova 8 smartphone in Russia that comes with a pre-installed EMUI 12 software system. Still, the base of this new software remains unknown for the meantime but it’s exciting for the consumers.
June 27, 2021:
- EMUI 12 appeared on the Huawei PC Manager app, the reference is ambiguous. However, the company later removed the reference from the app on July 27, 2021.
Breaking: Huawei Mate 20 series EMUI 12 beta test starts
Huawei has ramped its EMUI 12 beta testing schedule and now, we have the beta testing details for one of the prominent Huawei flagship devices – The mate 20 series. Yes, the company has now begun EMUI 12 beta testing campaign for the Huawei Mate 20 series that will allow you to get the latest EMUI version’s software features ahead of the stable rollout.
According to the information, the current EMUI 12 beta is open for Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, and Mate 20 X devices. However, it’s just starting this entire testing program and more countries will soon enter the same testing phase and recruit more Mate 20 series. For your information, interested users can participate in the process via the following written instructions and for more information, you have our guide linked below.
- Download and install the Huawei Beta app
- Open the Beta app
- Tap on Me
- Tap on “Join Project”
- From here follow the on-screen instructions to participate in the beta activity
Huawei Mate 20 series:
Launched in 2018, Huawei Mate 20 series made its debut with EMUI 9.0 software that has been upgraded with EMUI 9.1, EMUI 10.0, EMUI 10.1 then EMUI 11. On the other hand, Mate 20 models in China have installed the HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system, which has a lot of new features but the global users have been entrusted to install EMUI 12.
EMUI 12 comes with a new user interface that allows you to taste a new kind of user interface and enables a whole new user experience. Moreover, you’ll get features such as Control Panel that compasses different mobile services into one place right through one swipe.
Thanks to the tipsters for this amazing tip
There is also a customizable font system that enhances your overall UI viewing experience, the animations are now more subtle and Mate 20 series users will definitely going to like the new changes.
If you are eligible to test the latest EMUI 12 beta build, participate in the activity. Still, it’s recommended for you to consider one note that the beta software may bring new bugs and software changes that have been not been there before and you may feel slight changes in the overall UI/UX.
Read more about the important notes linked in the article below.