Huawei’s June 2021 security update is reaching more eligible devices running EMUI software. According to the latest info, the Huawei Maimang 8 has begun receiving these security improvements for enhanced user experience.
The new firmware comes with the latest EMUI 10.0 version 10.0.0.182 upgraded from version 10.0.0.181. And the security improvements are all that it brings, rather than adding something new to the OS.
Huawei claim’s its June 2021 security update to fix different levels of issues and exploits including 2 critical and 13 high levels of CVEs. Further, it brings performance enhancements and stability to the device.
To be mentioned, it’s a staged rollout and may take time to reach your devices. Meanwhile, you can check for any new software update on to your device’s settings, check the update instructions below.
Things to remember
- This update won’t erase your data.
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Make sure your device is not root.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
How to check for updates
- Open Settings >> Click System & Updates >> Open Software update
- Tap Check for updates option
- If a new update shows up, then click Download and install
Via Support app
- Open Support app >> Service tab and click on the Update button
- Tap on Check for update option
- If found any new update, then click Download and install
Huawei Maimang 8:
Huawei Maimang 8 sports a 6.21-inch FHD+ IPS display with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolution. It is powered by Kirin 710 chipset and paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
The device packs a 3400mAh battery and weighs 160 grams with dimensions of 73.4 x 155.2 x 7.95mm. In terms of software, the Maimang 8 comes pre-packed with EMUI 9.1 based on Android 9 pie.