On 14th October, Huawei concluded the Global MBB Forum in Dubai and launched two new innovative solutions GreenSite and PowerStar 2.0. It’ll help the industry in building green and low-carbon 5G networks with more energy efficiency and reduce consumption.
Among them, the Huawei GreenSite solution realizes 20 times higher energy efficiency. It offers highly integrated radio frequency hardware, site outdoor de-air conditioning, and integration of the entire site’s collaborative software and hardware.
Furthermore, the PowerStar 2.0 of Huawei with intelligent energy-saving algorithms features dual intelligence of base stations and networks. In addition, it reduces up to 25% of network energy consumption using multi-dimensional collaboration and under typical network configurations.
Let’s take a look at the brief description of both solutions
Huawei GreenSite solution:
The company’s GreenSite solution with the benefits of MetaAAU and Massive MIMO mainly works in three aspects to provide the necessary help in creating green sites. You can check the main characteristics of the sits below.
- The high integration of radiofrequency and the reduction of bit energy consumption are the driving force for continuous innovation
- The site is minimalist and air-conditioned, and the superimposed light is an effective way to reduce carbon emissions
- The third dimension is the intelligent collaboration of the entire site, and the realization of bit-driven watts is the direction of energy-saving innovation
Huawei PowerStar 2.0 solution:
In comparison with the previous version, the PowerStar 2.0 solution also has main three enchantments in the below-mentioned area.
- The millisecond-level rapid shutdown to realize energy-saving all-weather operation
- The multi-dimensional collaboration helping in realizing energy-saving in the whole domain of time-space-frequency power
- The second-level optimization and KPI performance is guaranteed
At the event, Huawei SRAN product line president Jiang Xudong notified that the demand of the communication industry is soaring. Besides, wireless networks are the key to building a low-carbon and green network. The company is making every possible effort in the field and hopes the same with the industry.
Check Huawei Sign Language digital human, launches sign language services
Huawei Developer Conference 2021 is the showcase of the latest software technologies presented by the company. Huawei at this massive software release showcase also introduced its new open AI technologies and showcase it via the new sign language on a digital human.
For the first time, Huawei has brought us a digital human to live broadcast the whole process in real-time sign language. This entire scenario showcased by the Chinese software maker is unique and enables a massive potential of artificial intelligence hidden deep without eyes.
The Digital Human with sign language at the event using Huawei’s special “Sign Language service based on AI that performs actions based on what they hear in real-time.
In terms of work, this service and the features have been made into the form of the Huawei SignPal Kit for developers.
Based on deep neural network technologies, SignPal Kit converts inputted text into sign language gestures that are coherent and grammatically correct in a stable and continuous manner, helping you add accessibility features to your app for the hearing-impaired.
The latest AI-powered sign language allows developers to integrate such capability and make the most out of its features. This allows quick generation of digital avatars, capable of performing a myriad of hand gestures, poses, and facial expressions.
Huawei’s sign language service currently covers more than 10,000 sign language vocabulary. For example, in a children’s education scene, the text in a specific book can be translated into sign language.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), there are approximately 466 million hearing-impaired people in the world, almost more than 5% of the world’s population. These special peoples understand the sign language that helps them to know the world around them and what’s going on in a better way without evening requiring to listing just like a regular person.
The innovation made by Huawei will surely contribute to the community and help people to reach more of such developer-friendly use cases around the globe.
Huawei HMS Core 6 Launched: Supports Android, iOS, Windows and other operating system
At Huawei Developer Conference 2021 (HDC 2021), HMS Core 6 (Huawei Mobile Services Core) has launched. This is not just a regular release because it’s now open for cross-operating system functionality and an open-source behavior for different operating systems.
According to the company, Huawei HMS Core 6 has now opened 69 developer kits, 21,738 APIS in 7 different categories. The HMS Core also opened 13 new capabilities, 18 enhanced capabilities, and 13 cross-OS capabilities consisting of various operating systems including:
The new cross-device capability will allow HMS Core developers to launch apps and run them across these platforms and establish their interconnection accordingly.
That’s not it, the HMS Core 6 with these above mentioned cross-operating systems now supports various device platforms including:
- Smart TVs
- Smart Speaker
- Smart Glasses
- Smart Car and more
To make the development a bit easy, Huawei has opened HMS Core for third-party development frameworks such as React, Cordova, and more.
HMS Core 6:
The HMS Core focuses on key aspect areas of development – Graphics, Media, AI, App Services, and systems.
- Graphics: HMS Core 6 added 3D modeling services and enhanced many open capabilities such as AR Engine, graphics computing services, and graphics engine services.
- Media: based on the blessing of AI technology, Huawei has newly opened up video editing services (Video Editor Kit) and audio editing services (Audio Editor Kit) and can provide global services covering 70+ languages and support global calls.
- AI: Machine Learning Kit, as an open capability, has nearly 10,000 applications integrated with ML Kit, with more than 8.25 billion monthly calls, and it has now been extended to other operating system applications.
- App Services: HMS Core 6 has 13 new and enhanced open capabilities and 12 cross-OS capabilities.
- Systems: Huawei has opened up core connectivity and communication capabilities, including 9 capabilities, which are open to application developers through Wireless Kit and Network Kit.
HMS Core Growth:
Huawei’s Consumer Business Cloud Services President and Huawei Cloud CEO Zhang Ping’an said that the HMS ecosystem currently has 5.1 million developers, HMS Core’s global application integration increased by 81% to 173,000, and global developer revenue increased by 62%.
How to watch Huawei HDC 2021 [Livestream]
We’re just a few hours away from the Huawei Developer Conference 2021 (HDC 2021), and you can watch the entire HDC 2021 Livestream on the platforms given below.
There will be a number of new software technologies that will unveil at the event, so don’t forget to tune in on time. If you want to know more about the HDC 2021 schedule and attendees, visit the article linked below or jump directly on the HDC 2021 Livestream that starts at 07:30 BST/08:30 CEST/14:30 CST.
HDC 2021 Schedule, Keynote, and more – Read here