On April 25, 2021, Huawei began the HDC Cloud 2021 conference and announces the 6 revolutionary products for the cloud-native and AI technologies at the Huawei Developer Cloud Conference 2021 in Shenzhen. At the same time, the company also announces a US$220 million investment into its Huawei Developer Program 2.0 this year.
These technologies will deliver refresh algorithms and quality, which helps them to stretch their limits and produced more quality products. This new technology lineup includes-
- Huawei Cloud CCE Turbo cloud container cluster
- CloudIDE intelligent programming assistant
- GaussDB(for openGauss) database
- Trusted Intelligent Computing Service (TICS)
- Pangu Model (including the world’s largest Chinese NLP model and CV model)
- infrastructure software for diversified computing
This will jointly bring us towards the more enhanced cloud and AI industry. Let me take you to explore all these techniques in detail-
Huawei Cloud CCE Turbo cloud container cluster:
This new cloud CCE Turbo focuses on high-stream computing, server networks, and scheduling because it revolves around the enterprise core systems, innovative services, container performance, elasticity, and scheduling capabilities. The three aspects of the CCE Turbo are as follows-
- Computing acceleration: It’s the only container cluster in the industry that supports full container component offload with no loss of server resources or performance. So it’s good enough to help VIPKid, which is a leading education company tends to improve 40% audio and video service performance.
- Network acceleration: This cluster cross the network transforms a two-layer network into a single-layer network. It helps Sina Corp, which is a leading social media company in China suffering from traffic surges.
- Scheduling acceleration: It senses different application models and network topologies, automatically optimizes task scheduling policies. Simenntenoiusly implements large-scale hybrid deployment and intelligent scheduling of offline and online services.
You can see 40% more results in all three above-mentioned characteristics.
This is a smart programming assistant for developers and delivers a lightweight and fast programming experience. It also provides the developer the intelligent online programming performance anytime, anywhere, and on any terminal. It covers the following aspects:
- It can find all completion results and determine and sort possible results, improving the accuracy of multi-symbol and long results.
- It supports completion for complex contexts and even obscure third-party APIs.
- By automatically avoiding recommending outdated, obsolete, and dangerous APIs makes your code more robust and secure.
GaussDB(for openGauss) database:
This database will be proven to be a trusted choice for migrating enterprise core data to the cloud. Now, an enterprise can freely switch to the cloud and become data-driven. We can define this GaussDB in the following aspects-
- High performance: It works with 54% higher transaction capacity in comparing to the existing products in the industry, and its complex query latency is 82% lower than that of similar products.
- High elasticity: In aspects of the traffic peaks, the computing nodes can be expanded within minutes whereas the torage capacity in seconds. Furthermore, the services are not affected by this entire equation.
- High availability: When a single point of failure occurs, the unique Switch Turbo technology ensures switchover within 10 seconds (less than one-third of the time required by its counterparts) and provides the geo-redundant DR capability.
Trusted Intelligent Computing Service (TICS):
The technique assures your security while unlocking the data value. As a key factor of production, data needs to able to flow flexibly to maximize value. However, in reality, it can still be difficult to realize openness, sharing, and circulation.
Huawei Cloud TICS delivers security for innovative and converged applications of data elements. At the same time, it enables secure data flow and maximizing data value. We can define it in the following three characteristics-
- Based on multi-party federated data exploration and modeling, it processes privacy data in place, keeping data usable but invisible.
- A federated AI algorithm and a homomorphic encryption algorithm are used for collaborative optimization. For example, batch computing of encrypted data is supported during model training, improving the training performance tenfold without the need for an accelerator card.
- It supports interconnection with some of the most used data sources, adapting to typical big data application scenarios without conversion.
This includes the world’s largest Chinese NLP model and vision pre-trained model. As the account of the fact that AI has become a new driver of productivity. However, the development of the AI industry is still in the initial stage.
Based on the “pre-training + downstream fine-tuning” model of the AI industry, the Pangu Model is accelerating the introduction of AI into a wide range of industries and is making inclusive AI a reality. It has three characteristics:
- Strong generalization ability
- Small-sample learning
- High model accuracy
A single model can be applied to a large number of complex industry scenarios and can achieve high accuracy even with a small number of samples. While addressing the needs of scenarios, these models include the flour flavors-
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- Computer vision (CV)
- Multi-modal models
- Scientific computing
It’s said to be the first Chinese NLP model with hundreds of billions of parameters. At the same time, the Pangu CV model is the industry’s largest CV model.
This software infrastructure enables diverse computing. As cloud innovation depends on the support of infrastructure software root technologies such as operating systems, databases, and middleware.
Huawei has been created a complete set of basic computing software stacks, including the operating system, enterprise-grade database, and all-scenario AI computing framework, to enable diversified computing power and support Huawei Cloud innovation.
As of now, more than 2.4 million software developers have approached the Huawei Cloud Kunpeng. Furthermore, we have previously reported that Huawei Cloud IaaS ranks No. 2 in China and No. 5 in the world, making it the fastest-growing mainstream cloud vendor.
To date, Huawei has worked with 72 universities in China, offering more than 1,000 courses, training more than 1,500 teachers, and the company plans to provide software development training to 3 million university developers over the next five years.
Huawei and Beijing Unicom finishing commercialization of 64T64R MetaAAU
Huawei and Beijing Unicom are hyping up the process of commercialization of the new-generation 64T64R MetaAAU product. According to the reports, both parties are speedily working on the completion of the commercial pilot plan of the MateAAU project in the residential areas.
So far, Huawei noticed that the household regions in the nation consist of a huge number of 5G users. Besides, these residential areas have a high demand for 5G technologies and services. Hence, the company decided to deploy some of the best and most innovative infrastructures in these regions.
Huawei 64T74R MetaAAU
The 64T64R is the new product of the Huawei MetaAAU series. The technology mainly aims at achieving both excellent performances as well as consuming less energy. Further, it has an ultra-large-scale array of technology that eventually increases the range of channels. In comparison to last year, the 64T64R offers 64TRx channels over 32TRx.
Huawei and Beijing Unicom have wrapped up the deployment of 64T64R MetaAAU in several urban areas till now. Ultimately, these regions now have the Massive MIMO products, based on large bandwidth of 3.5GHz intermediate frequency. In the meantime, the cooperations find that the demand for 5G services is rapidly growing in the residential areas.
As a result, Huawei and Beijing started planning the deployment of the new-generation MetaAAU product in other areas to provide the users with an unlimited 5G experience. One must note that the new product offers a downlink rate of 100Mbps and provides high-quality network construction.
MetaAAU 64T64R will offer a better and wider 5G experience!
Describing the future plans and current intentions, the President of Huawei 5G Product Line – Peng Honghua said the following words:
“Since the birth of MetaAAU, we have been commercializing it with Beijing Unicom in different scenarios of the existing network. We will continue to work with Beijing Unicom to verify more scenarios and give full play to the value of Massive MIMO technology to operators.”
Samsung, LG Smart TV market share declines in Q2 2022, while Huawei still doing great
Huawei knows very well how to maintain the quality of the products with time and make it stand at the top in the market. And here is the proof, recently released information indicates that while the top vendors have received a major decline in the Smart TV global market share, Huawei is still doing great with its products.
So far, we acknowledged that the global market for electronic equipment has fallen in the past few months. Consequently, this made a huge impact on the sales of smart gadgets including handset models, tablets, computers, and smart screens.
Unfortunately, this decline in equipment sales has given a major jerk to some of the high-tech manufacturers. According to the latest information, Samsung and LG are constantly facing a gradual decrease in their Smart TV sale.
The first quarter of this year remained at a moderate level for both parties. Samsung was standing at 32.9 percent of the market share while LG gained 17.7 percent. Together, they had a market share of 50.6 percent. However, in the second quarter, the combined market shares directly went below 50 percent.
Thereafter comes the Sony cooperation ranking at the third position with a decrease of 35.8 percent on yearly basis. If we talk about the reasons, it’s undoubtedly the high cost and lower demands of Smart TV in the global market.
Huawei Smart TV market share is at a good point!
It’s not only the global market, but even Chinese merchandise has faced the same scenario in the case of smart screen sales. In comparison to the first half, the Chinese Smart TV market has decreased to 10.5 percent. Yet, there are some brands such as Huawei, Redmi, and Hisense’s Vidda that made a good stand in tough circumstances as well.
Although we didn’t grab the accurate sales of the company. Yet, as per the reports, Huawei Smart TV sales have increased in both – the Chinese and the global market. Huawei brings on such products that are not only affordable but also performance-oriented. Ultimately, this strategy makes its devices higher in demand among consumers.
August 2022 Google Play System Update brings new UI for Autofill and expands Material You for apps
Google has released the August 2022 Play System update for Android devices that comes with various new improvements and system optimizations as well as bug fixes. These updates are available for various Android products including phones, tablets, Android TV and Google TV devices, Android Auto enabled vehicles, wear OS devices, and Chrome OS devices.
According to the information, the August 2022 Google Play System update changes and improvements in the Android system have been released starting August 18, 2022. These system improvements will expand gradually.
Below you can check the complete August 2022 Play System Update changelog.
Google Play Store:
- Improvements to the Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements to security, stability, and accessibility.
- [Phone] This release adds link groups to GoogleHelp to give users detailed help instructions from apps.
- [Phone] Adds support for Material 3 dynamic color in Android Help.
System Management & Diagnostics:
- [Phone] New settings screens provide better visibility into and control over the functionality of Google Play services on your device.
- [Phone] New UI for AutoFill.
- [Phone] Allows users to add new eMoney cards to Google Pay to pay on transit and in stores in Japan.
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Location & Context related developer services in their apps.
- Updates to system management services that improve security, and stability.