On January 15, 2021, Huawei has applied for a new patent mobile phone protective case design. According to China Intellectual Property Database, this patent was published on July 9, 2021, with announcement number CN306667045S.
The patent document discloses the five majors points that are:
- The name of the design product: Mobile Phone Protective Case.
- The purpose of this design product: Mainly used to protect mobile phones.
- The design points of the design product: The shape of the product.
- The most important point of the design picture or photo: 3D drawing
- Others: 3D drawing design and part A in the 3D drawing design are transparent viewing areas.
According to the information, the patent drawing shows the mobile phone case is a clamshell-type and can serve as a mobile phone holder or stand. However, its shape and size are very much identical to Huawei’s folding screen mobile phone, Mate X2.
Following the case design, it flips on the side with an opening for the camera module at the back.
Also, the patent describes that the vertical bar at the end of the protective case is a transparent window, and it is expected that the time and information displayed on the screen can be checked through the window.
Additionally, Huawei has also presented the 3D render of the Huawei Mate X2 with this protective case. The rendering shows that the mobile phone protective shell can be folded to form a stable bracket to support the mobile phone.
However, the body of the protective case is made of transparent material, but the foldable parts and back are made of opaque black material.
Huawei Mate X2 top specification:
- Display: 8-inch Main Foldable Display and 6.4-inch Cover OLED Display
- Processor: Kirin 9000
- Operating System: EMUI 11
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256/512MB
- Rear Camera: 50MP quad-camera system
- Front Camera: 16MP
- Battery: 4500
HUAWEI MATE X2 PRICE:
- 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM = 17999 ($2782)
- 8GB RAM + 512GB ROM = 18999 ($2938)