Huawei has resumed the Smart Battery Capacity feature on phones, suggest some users. The feature is already available on EMUI devices and initially builds of HarmonyOS had this feature. The user suggests that this feature was removed in the middle due to some issues and has now been resumed.
HarmonyOS Smart Battery Capacity:
The HarmonyOS Smart Battery Capacity Mode is available under the Battery settings. Once enabled, the battery will stop charging just before its actual peak capacity. Though this action reduces how long your device lasts on a single charge, the battery life span gradually increases, providing you a longer battery backup.
Go to the device Settings > Battery > tap on More battery settings. Here you can find the Smart Battery Capacity after Stay Connect While asleep, and Smart Charge. After enabling it you can, your device will measure the battery usage and optimize your phone’s battery use case to provide a long battery backup.
HarmonyOS 2 power consumption:
Launched on June 2, Huawei HarmonyOS 2 made its way to smartphones and provide a seamless user experience with its range of new features. Aside from the new UI and Animations, the software also focuses on battery efficiency and lower power consumption.
In terms of performance, Huawei has made a lot of optimizations on the bottom layer of HarmonyOS 2, which has increased the performance by 42% while saving more power.
According to reports, after 36 months of use, the sequential read speed of HarmonyOS 2 has only dropped by 4.5%, iOS has dropped by 75%. On the other hand, the sequential write speed of HarmonyOS 2 has dropped by 0.9%, and random read and write speeds have dropped by less than 5. %, the decline of the iOS system is about 20% to 30%.
Huawei Watch 3 gets new feature with HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 update
Huawei is in hurry to fetch its devices with the all-new HarmonyOS 3.0 interface. But at this moment, the company is keenly focusing on its advanced and sophisticated wearable models to bring up the newest software. Yes, we are talking about the Huawei Watch 3 devices that have started receiving a new HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 beta update.
This is not the first time when Huawei Watch 3 has touched the HarmonyOS 3.0 surface. With the arrival of the latest Huawei Watch 3 HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199, the company has begun beta activity for the respective wearable product. However, this new beta update version of HarmonyOS 3.0 carries some new tweaks in its pocket for the Huawei Watch 3 gadgets.
According to the information, the latest beta firmware appears with build version 188.8.131.52 along with a package size of 440MB. Though the package bears a small weight, it has a big list of features in its bag. Surprisingly, the list begins with the addition of the Super Device feature.
The new update brings the support of the Super Device feature for the smartwatch. This feature is easily accessible through the pull-down dial interface. Consequently, it enables the users to connect their smartwatch to their phone and perform several functions.
On the flip side, the update also works in improving the health features and sports monitoring on the device. It increases the accuracy level of the health report and makes the device more intimate and comprehensive for the consumers.
What else? Let’s explore more new things in the changelog.
HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 Beta Changelog
- Enables you to interconnect and collaborate between smartwatch and phone with a single pull.
- Perform several actions and easily control connectivity between smart screens, Bluetooth headsets, fitness equipment, and more.
Professional Sports features
- The update brings an automated pause switch that can stop or resume the exercise and other workouts according to your exercise status. You can access the feature by visiting the Settings > Exercise Settings > Automatic Pause.
- The device will also be able to support sports linkage to control the pause, end, and continue the course over the smartphone. Besides, it can connect to other Huawei devices and can use the S-TAG connection to sense posture, cycling, running, and more.
- The screen will remain enabled till you are doing exercise. As a result, you can easily check on real-time exercise details. Next, you can explore, connect, and utilize sports equipment with the all-new Sports Health Equipment Management. To access it, navigate to Settings > More Connections > Sports Health Equipment Management.
- Addition of a new altitude care function that showcases the risk of altitude sickness and gives scientific advice.
- NFC car key now supports the new BYD models
- Enhanced the door-opening function of smart vehicles with a touch of a Bluetooth car key.
Smart Life, Smart Features:
- Additions of a new ‘Automated enter and exit sleep mode’ tab in the sleep application. When enabled, the watch will automatically enter and exit the sleep mode as per your sleep status. Further, it also supports custom durations. You can enable it by Sleep app > Sleep Settings.
- You can now mute either the watch or smartphone while answering a Bluetooth call.
- You can also switch audio devices instantly during eSIM calls through the Smart Voice control settings.
- Addition of Kaleidoscope dial that let you select your pic to create a personalized dial. You can also rotate the crown to see the kaleidoscope effect.
- Now you have the access to install your favorite face watch directly from the watch.
- New gaming feature that permits you to learn several thoughtful tips and usage of the smartwatch.
- Optimizes the Bluetooth connection of the watch.
- Adds a new Bluetooth icon that gets enabled while usage.
|| Source ||
Check the Huawei HarmonyOS 3 second batch devices [List]
We all are aware of the fact that Huawei is working to expand the major HarmonyOS 3 beta update for the latest flagship model. After its first batch rollout, the company released a number of devices to get the HarmonyOS 3 beta version by the end of August.
Below you can check the devices, ready to recruit for the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta version:
Huawei Mate Series
- Huawei Mate Xs2
- Huawei Mate Xs2 Collector’s Edition
- Huawei Mate X2
- Huawei Mate X2 4G
- Huawei Mate X2 Collector’s Edition
- Huawei Mate 40E
- Huawei Mate 40E 4G
- Huawei Mate 40E Pro
Huawei P series
- Huawei P50E
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 inches 2021
- Huawei MatePad 11
Huawei Smart series
- Huawei V98
- Huawei V75 Super
- Huawei V55 2021
- Huawei V65 2021
- Huawei V75 2021
- Huawei V85 2021
Well, all the above-mentioned device list is eligible to participate in the second batch of HarmonyOS 3 beta testing. As the company started reporting the adaptation process for the corresponding users.
In particular, the corresponding user is anticipated to receive beta builds in middle to the end of August. Huawei will also gradually review the version in batches for customers outside of the first group in accordance with the version’s development.
This means it is expected for the following Huawei devices user to start receiving the Beta version of the Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 update, for those who receive the approval notification by the company.
If you own one of the following devices (Chinese model) and wanted to take part in the Beta adaptation, then you can easily register yourself through the sign-up for the early adopter page on the Huawei club.
Or you can enter the registration through the My Huawei/ Member Center app. So guys hurry up, this adaptation process will long last till August 17 as mentioned by Huawei.
HarmonyOS industry continues to expand, 14 OpneHarmony distributions launched so far
Yes, Huawei continues to expand the presence of the HarmonyOS operating system not only in in-house devices but also in the software industry. The latest input on this matter reveals that HarmonyOS 3.0 industry has now 14 open-source OpenHarmony distributions of this software.
HarmonyOS 3.0 has the latest software user experience and the company has recently launched its consumer version for smartphone and tablet devices. As it will widely expand starting September this year.
According to the information, HarmonyOS Connect devices have exceeded 470 million units, after Huawei officially released the HarmonyOS 3 operating system. Currently, at least 8 A-share listed firms have released 14 industry distributions based on the open source HarmonyOS project – OpenHarmony.
The report on this matter reveals that, after three years, the foundation of the Hongmeng system has become more and more stable, and the ecology has gradually grown.
With the joint efforts of all participants in the industry, OpenHarmony has gone through the nascent stage of chaos. The operating system has driven ecosystem prosperity with root technology innovation, gradually opening the door to opportunities for “commercial application” and other important solutions.
OpenHarmony is an open-source project of the HarmonyOS operating system, first launched at Huawei Developer Conference 2019. The company made this open source at HDC 2022 event and later donated it to Open Atom Open Source Foundation which manages the code repository.
The project empowers industry players to base it and co-create new operating system that could be used for various tasks and computing applications. That’s not it, the vast open APIs of HarmonyOS allow users to connect different devices at the lowest of 128kb memory.
Open HarmonyOS provides a unified and integrated digital innovation basic platform for industries including personal consumption, medical care, finance, energy, industry, transportation, etc., which will cover the next generation of smart home, travel, sports Health, entertainment, office, education, social shopping, industrial production, and other scenarios.
In 2022, six OpenHarmony distribution vendors will launch commercial versions based on OpenHarmony for different fields of technologies.
- Austrian Thinking: Launched the first commercial distribution of MILOS for general industrial and IoT applications.
- Honghu Wanlian: Released the first OpenHarmony commercial release for commercial display industry devices.
- Kaihong Zhigu: Launched OpenHarmony education, transportation, industry, smart city, agriculture, and other industry distributions, and released model cases and industry solutions.
- Runhe Software: HiHopeOS industry distributions based on OpenHarmony will be launched successively, such as OpenHarmony distributions for industries such as finance, education, and energy.
- Shenzhen Kaihong: Based on OpenHarmony, KaihongOS will be launched focusing on eight fields including finance, government affairs, and industrial control, and the business ecosystem will enter a stage of rapid development.
- Tongxin Software: It plans to launch OpenHarmony intelligent devices operating systems and solutions for education, finance, transportation, energy, electricity, telecommunications, government affairs, and other industries.
(via – Sina Tech)