Huawei launched its brand new operating system OpenEuler, which is specially designed for digital infrastructure on 25th September. It’s an open-source OS that’ll further strengthen core areas including security alongside various frameworks.
At the event, the Vice President and President of Huawei Computing Product Line informed that the company will soon launch a new research programming language CJ for HarmonyOS and EulerOS application development.
Furthermore, the vice-president also informed that HarmonyOS and OpenEuler will share their core technologies. It’ll enable the OpenEuler devices in establishing a cross-platform connection with the HarmonyOS devices.
The company is making a unified OS construction that can cover all scenarios of digital infrastructure from IT, CT to OT. Accordingly, it plans to combine the inclinations and the realization of ecological interoperability for a better digital service.
Need of Unified OS Architecture:
Huawei offers products and solutions including servers, storage, cloud services, edge computing, base stations, routers, industrial control, and so on. All these require an OS platform to work on. Hence, the company is developing a unified OS architecture to satisfy the different requirements of different products.
What Capability Brings the Euler:
The Euler has the capability to support different platforms such as servers, cloud computing, edge computing, and embedded devices. In addition, it provides a safe, stable, and easy-to-use operating system through diverse computing and deterministic assurance capacities. Let’s check below-
Unified operating system: Multi-device Support
- Atomic Architecture: It supports a flexible full-stack service-based on-demand construction. With the capability, it provides an on-demand resource capability that varies corresponding to different operating systems devices.
- Self-Service Construction: It offers a menu-style configuration of the kernel and system services. Additionally, it provides a combination of different levels of software packages, files, functions, etc.
- Multi-Device Collaboration kit: The multi-device kit supports the collaboration of unified data, network, and management; cluster multi-node collaboration.
One Time Development:
- Standard API to realize the unification of operating system and application interaction language
- Euler SDK uniformly incorporates data, audio, video, and security capabilities for various applications. It provides minimal development with enhanced application performance.
- Euler Devkit provides plug-ins such as cross-device development wizards and automatic test platforms. Besides, it can easily be integrated into mainstream application development platforms.
At present, over 6,000 developers and 100 plus corporations, academies, associations, and institutions have approached the Euler community. According to the report, on 30th September, it’ll launch the openEuler 21.09 version with enhanced capabilities of servers, cloud computing scenarios, edge computing, and embedded scenarios.
(via – ithome)