HarmonyOS 3 is a major upgrade over HarmonyOS 2 and it’s available for not only smartphones and tablets but also for Huawei smartwatches. Yes! There are a bunch of smartwatches and we’ll get to know them in the article below.
Currently, Huawei is testing HarmonyOS 3 for Watch 3 and GT 3 series smartwatches in China. On the other hand, some of the watches on the global market have also received a similar upgrade but these are quite a few.
HarmonyOS 3 eligible Huawei smartwatches:
- Huawei Watch 3
- Huawei Watch 3 Pro
- Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro 43mm
- Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro 46mm
- Huawei Watch GT 3 Porsche Design
- Huawei Watch GT 2022 Collector’s Edition
- Huawei Watch GT Runner
- Huawei Watch D (to be announced)
Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro were the first smartwatches to come with pre-installed HarmonyOS 2 software. Huawei Watch GT 3 series followed the trend and the company has brought them with HarmonyOS 2.1.
Huawei Watch GT Runner is something unique and it is specifically designed for athletes and trackers. However, everyone could take benefit from its productive features.
Meanwhile, Huawei has not confirmed HarmonyOS 3 upgrade for the Watch D blood pressure smart wearable, as it ships with HarmonyOS 2.
HarmonyOS 3 features for Smartwatches:
Professional Sports functions
- The first HarmonyOS 3.0 beta update brings an automated pause switch that can stop or resume the exercise and other workouts according to your exercise status. You can access the feature by visiting Settings > Exercise Settings > Automatic Pause.
- The device will also be able to support sports linkage to control the pause, end, and continue the course over the smartphone. Besides, it can connect to other Huawei devices and can use the S-TAG connection to sense posture, cycling, running, and more.
- On the flip side, the screen will remain enabled till you are doing exercise. As a result, you can easily check on real-time exercise details. Next, you can explore, connect, and utilize sports equipment with the all-new Sports Health Equipment Management. To access it, navigate to Settings > More Connections > Sports Health Equipment Management.
- HarmonyOS 3.0 beta firmware brings the new altitude care app that can observe and identify the risk of altitude sickness. Further, it is capable of providing scientific advice to the individual. For instance, breathing, training guidance, and so on.
- Ultimately, the firmware enables the BYD NFC (Near Field Communication) car key support to even use in ultra-long battery life mode. Hence, no more worries of great power consumption with using vehicle-related functions.
- Automated enter and exit sleep mode: Additions of a new ‘Automated enter and exit sleep mode’ tab in the sleep application. When enabled, the watch will automatically enter and exit the sleep mode as per your sleep status. Further, it also supports custom durations. You can enable it by Sleep app > Sleep Settings.
- Mute Collaboration Function: You can now mute either the watch or smartphone while answering a Bluetooth call.
- You can also switch audio devices instantly during eSIM calls through Smart Voice control settings.
- With a single pull-down, you can now interconnect or collaborate between different smartwatches smartphones, headsets, smart screens, and fitness equipment. Moreover, you can remotely access the handset for snapshots, operating music, and more.
- Mountain Cloud Sea effect: Gives a three-dimensional look to the dial field.
- Kaleidoscope Dial: Let you select your own pic to create a personalized dial. You can also rotate the crown to see the kaleidoscope effect.
- New Watch Faces: Now you have the access to install your favorite face watch directly from the watch.
New Playing Skill game application that offers multiple watch usage tips and helps you to understand the new skill of the wearable.
Optimizes and improves the Bluetooth connection and lets you enjoy a new status icon