At Huawei Developer Conference (HDC) 2020, Huawei HarmonyOS 2 AKA HongmengOS 2 made its debut. The Chinese tech giant has already revealed its plans to grow HarmonyOS 2.0 and the ecosystem around it including the support for different device platforms and working with industry partners.
What is HarmonyOS?
HarmonyOS is built on a distributed operating system architecture to work across different devices and it’s a part of Huawei’s all-scenario strategy. This new OS is adaptable to a mobile office, fitness, and health, social communication, media entertainment more.
What HarmonyOS 2.0 offers:
- For Consumers: HarmonyOS integrates various smart devices to implement fast connection, capability collaboration, and resource sharing between different devices. This way, services can be seamlessly transferred to a suitable device that delivers a smooth all-scenario experience.
- For Application Developers: HarmonyOS adopts distributed technologies to make application development possible on different device forms. With HarmonyOS, you have the choice to focus on upper-layer service logic and develop applications in a much easier and more efficient way.
- For Device Developers: HarmonyOS uses a component-based software design to tailor itself to particular device forms based on their respective resource capabilities and service characteristics.
HarmonyOS 2.0 for smartphones, tablets, TVs, IoT devices, and more
At HDC 2020, Huawei Consumer Business Group CEO, Richard Yu confirmed that the HarmonyOS 2.0 will be available on smartphones as soon as early 2021.
Currently, Huawei has released the HarmonyOS 2.0 beta SDK for developers for platforms including Smart TVs, Cars head units, and smart wearables. Followed by smartphones SDK to launch in December 2020.
Furthermore, Huawei has also shared the information about the device adaptation roadmap of HarmonyOS 2.0 including the following:
- From September 10, 2020 – Device with 128KB to 128MB RAM
- From April 21, 2021 – Device with 128MB to 4GB RAM
- From October 2021 – Device with 4GB to more than 4GB RAM
By the end of 2021, Huawei has planned to install HarmonyOS 2.0 in over 300 million. These devices are smartphones, tablets, smart wearables, IoT devices, and devices from third-party product manufacturers.
When it’s coming to smartphones?
- On December 16, 2020, HarmonyOS 2.0 internal beta testing started
- On April 21, 2021, HarmonyOS 2.0 developer open beta first phase began
- On May 9, 2021, HarmonyOS 2.0 developer open beta second phase began
- On June 3, HarmonyOS 2.0 developer close beta 1 started
- On June 5, HarmonyOS 2.0 developer public beta first phase began
- On June 10, HarmonyOS 2.0 developer close beta second phase started
- On June 16, HarmonyOS 2.0 developer public beta second phase began
- On June 23, HarmonyOS 2.0 developer public beta phase three began
- On June 23, HarmonyOS 2.0 stable update announced
- On June 30, HarmonyOS 2.0 developer public beta third phase began
HarmonyOS 2.0: Eligible Devices, Beta, Rollout Date, Leaks, and more
August 27, 2021:
- The upcoming HarmonyOS 2.1 version will be specially optimized for the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset.
August 25, 2021:
- Huawei will begin the public beta testing for Huawei P20 and Mate 10 devices in mid-September.
- Huawei to introduce the Nova 9 smartphone pre-packed with HarmonyOS 2.1 OS.
August 24, 2021:
- Huawei confirms that nearly 100 devices from Huawei and Honor including smartphones and tablets are running HarmonyOS operating system. These consist of both stable and beta testers.
August 23, 2021:
- Huawei to introduce the new HarmonyOS 2.1 version soon. This version will arrive with the standard P50 model in September. Read more
- Genshin Impact HarmonyOS game will soon add support for 1080p in-game resolution for Huawei phones running Kirin 990 SoC or above.
August 22, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 adds new update menu animations for Huawei devices. Every time you check for updates on your device, you will see a more interactive UI.
August 21, 2021:
- Check out the top four reasons for which the users are upgrading to HarmonyOS from EMUI. Read more
August 20, 2021:
- Two of Honor’s oldest smartphones, Honor 10 and V10 finally starts to receive the HarmonyOS 2.0 beta in China.
- Huawei has officially announced the HarmonyOS 2 beta for Honor 30S, Play 4, X10, and other Honor smartphones, This allows EMUI users to take part in the beta testing in China.
- Huawei P20 and Mate 10 smartphones getting new HarmonyOS update which brings optimizations for Control Panel.
- Huawei Nova 4 receives a new HM OS 2 update.
August 19, 2021:
- Huawei started selling second-hand phones pre-installed with HarmonyOS software. These smartphones come with a new warranty and have passed various quality checks.
- Huawei Mate 20 running the new HarmonyOS 2.0 software has been receiving a new incremental which brings HarmonyOS features improvements.
August 18, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS ecosystem has added over 700 hardware partners, setting a new milestone.
- New HM OS 2 features rolling out for Huawei Mate 40E and Mate X2 devices.
August 17, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 8 SE and a bunch of Honor phones are getting new HM OS 2 based software updates. This update mainly includes optimizations in the Control panel and Application assistant.
August 16, 2021:
- Huawei rolling out a new HarmonyOS 2 patch for Mate 30 series which brings system stability improvements for enhanced user experience.
- A new HarmonyOS 2 based software update rolling out for Nova 5i and Nova 4e smartphones. It adds new Smart multi-window features along with optimizations in the Control panel and Game Assistant.
August 15, 2021:
- Huawei updated its HarmonyOS application website with several changes including a new interface, FAQ support, and more.
August 14, 2021:
- Huawei’s plan with HarmonyOS is clear and the company is aiming big with its 2.0 version. So, this article will keep you updated with all of the news, announcements, beta, rollouts, leaks, and other important information that you should know in one place.
- Huawei rolling out new HarmonyOS 2.0 features for a bunch of devices from Nova 7 and Enjoy 20 lineup. In addition, this update also includes optimizations for a better user interface.
August 12, 2021:
- Recently, it was discovered that the latest version of HarmonyOS 2.0 has removed the 5G network switch in the shortcut menu. Huawei’s consumer business product line president has clarified this matter. Read more
- Huawei releases August 2021 security patch details for its HarmonyOS equipped smartphones. As per the info, the August 2021 patch fixes different levels of issues and exploits to strengthen the system’s security.
August 11, 2021:
- A Weibo tipster has revealed that Huawei will soon release a new HarmonyOS theme and it will be added to the theme store. This theme is initially available on Huawei P40 models and will further expand to other models.
August 10, 2021:
- BAIC in cooperation with Huawei is launching its first fuel SUV equipped with HarmonyOS software.
- Huawei Nova 5 is now receiving a new HarmonyOS 2.0 based software update with a bunch of optimizations and bug fixes.
- We have reached to Huawei Russia regarding the EMUI 12. The company revealed that EMUI 12 exists and will replace the previous EMUI 11.
- New HarmonyOS 2 features rolling out for Huawei P30 and P30 Pro via new software update.
- A major HarmonyOS 2.0 update is releasing for Huawei Mate 20 and Mate X smartphones.
August 9, 2021:
- Huawei has officially announced that its HarmonyOS 2.0 exceeded 50 million installations in China, with the speed of 8 users upgrading per second.
- Huawei started the fifth batch of internal beta testing for Huawei Enjoy 10S, Enjoy 10 Plus, and a bunch of Honor phones including Honor 9X, Honor 9X Pro, Honor 20S, Play 4T Pro, Honor 10, and Honor V10.
August 8, 2021:
- Here are the HarmonyOS 2.0 features, gestures widgets, and more. Check here
August 6, 2021:
- HarmonyOS ecosystem has been increased to 1.2 million developers, which was only half of these numbers since the time of launching on June 2, 2021.
- A report reveals that Honor Magic UI 5 seems to be inspired by HarmonyOS operating system along with its new features.
- The latest HarmonyOS 2 features are now rolling out for Huawei Mate 20 series including the swipe left and right gesture for the control panel.
- Huawei P20 and Mate 10 devices are receiving HarmonyOS 2 beta with brand new user interface and a set of new features.
August 5, 2021:
- Major HarmonyOS features update rolling out for flagship Huawei devices that bring a new multimode camera, fixes camera watermark issue, service center new file feature, ease to access control panel, app assistant optimizations, and installation of new security patches.
- Huawei has announced that it has installed HarmonyOS 2 in 65 Huawei phones and tablets. Check these 65 devices here.
August 4, 2021:
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro and Enjoy 20 Plus users are now eligible to upgrade with stable HarmonyOS 2 update.
August 3, 2021:
- Huawei Maimang 9, and Enjoy Z users can upgrade to HarmonyOS 2 full fledge mode.
- Huawei P30 Lite Chinese version is receiving HarmonyOS 2 beta and it’s good news for global users. Read more.
August 2, 2021:
- Cocos Creator games can use HarmonyOS multi-screen collaboration feature to provide a new multiplayer experience.
July 31, 2021:
- Huawei launches sdkmgr, a new HarmonyOS SDK management tool, which allows developers to view, download, update, and uninstall the HarmonyOS SDK directly using commands.
July 29, 2021:
- Huawei announced that HarmonyOS has completed 40 million installations, and Huawei P10, as well as Mate 9 devices, will be next in line to test HarmonyOS.
July 28, 2021:
- Over 300 open source components have been added to the HarmonyOS project.
July 26, 2021:
- Customized HarmonyOS software skin is already being used by a third-party phone maker but it’s yet to rollout officially and its name also remained hidden.
July 24, 2021:
- Mini World is the first mobile game that officially adds support for the HarmonyOS operating system and is uploaded on AppGallery.
July 23, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 20 series settings stable HarmonyOS 2 in China but the rollout is still initial and expanding gradually. However, it’s not yet started in the global market.
- All of the Huawei Mate 40 series users can now upgrade with HarmonyOS 2.
July 21, 2021:
- Unlimited upgrades opened for various devices including Huawei Mate 40 series, Mate X2, P40 series, Mate 30 series, MatePad Pro series, MatePad, MediaPad M6 series, and more.
- Huawei began a stable HarmonyOS 2 rollout for the Huawei P30 series in China but global users will have to wait.
- Huawei opens stable HarmonyOS 2 rollout for 27 Huawei devices consisting of Huawei Mate X, P30 series, Mate 20 series, Nova SE devices, Enjoy 20 devices, Nova 5 series, MatePad and more.
July 20, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 beta update rolling out for Huawei Nova 5, Nova 5Z, and Nova 5i Pro devices and brings a new number of new optimizations for the system.
July 19, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 Control Panel will support left and right swipe gestures.
- HarmonyOS 2 fifth batch beta recruitment will start early August for 8 devices including Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus, Enjoy 10S, and more.
July 18, 2021:
- Huawei MediaPad M6 update installs display and app optimizations.
July 16, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro receiving second HarmonyOS 2 closed beta with additional improvements. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 vs OxygenOS 11 boot speed comparison shows OxygenOS defeat in action. Read more.
- Huawei P30 series gets display optimization update with HarmonyOS 2 beta. Here’s is more info.
- Huawei Mate 20 series arranges new software update with a number of latest improvements. Read more.
July 15, 2021:
- Huawei MatePad 11 receiving July 2021 HarmmonyOS security update. Read more here.
- HMS Core 6.0 launched and brings a lot of new features and developer kits. Get more information here.
July 14, 2021:
- Check the five UX design details of HarmonyOS Mobile operating system. Read more.
- Huawei Browser drops Android UA and adds HarmonyOS. Read more.
July 13, 2021:
- Huawei P20 and P20 Pro begin testing HarmonyOS 2. Read more.
- Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro enter in sponsorship with Emirates. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 10 begins HarmonyOS 2 beta journey, will get the update soon. Read more.
- These 14 Huawei devices receiving HarmonyOS 2 closed beta. Read more here.
- Huawei plans to launch a card game built into the HarmonyOS operating system but it’s not true. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 public beta for Honor devices begins. Read more.
- HarmonyOS is not a gave developer, says the company. Read here.
July 12, 2021:
- Android AAB format will not affect HarmonyOS operating system, says Huawei. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 40 series users getting Celia voice Assistant improvements. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS application service summit is scheduled for July 30th. Read more.
- iOS 14 vs HarmonyOS 2 comparison shows that iOS 14 loads faster compared to HarmonyOS. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS developer day set for July 31. Read more
- HarmonyOS 2 public beta officially announced for Huawei Nova 5 series devices. Read more.
July 11, 2021:
- Dark Mode comparison between ColorOS 11 and HarmonyOS 2, check the evaluation. Read more.
July 10, 2021:
- Check the direct comparison between HarmonyOS 2 vs ColorOS 11 in terms of boot speed. Check the video here.
- HarmonyOS 2 public beta opens for Huawei Nova 5i Pro and Nova 5Z devices. Read more.
July 9, 2021:
- Check the comparison between HarmonyOS 2 Vs MIUI 12.5, MIUI lost pretty heavy in this test. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 vs MIUI 12.5 Dark mode face-off is here. Check it.
July 8, 2021:
- Huawei will soon release the HarmonyOS professional certification program. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 stable update released for Huawei Nova 6, Nova 6, and Nova 8 smartphones. Read more here.
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2 beta will open for these 9 devices in the fourth phase. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 closed beta recruitment announced for the Huawei Smart Screen V series. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 crosses 30 million installations in smartphones, yet it remains inside China. Read more.
- HarmonyOS Connect Partner Summit set for July 16, read more about this event here. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 testing for Honor X10 and more smartphones will start this month. Read more.
July 7, 2021:
- Check the boot speed comparison between HarmonyOS 2 vs EMUI 11. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2 testing for Huawei P20 and Mate 10 series devices will start this month. Read more.
- Gree will launch HarmonyOS operating system products. Read more.
July 6, 2021:
- Here’s the dark mode battle between HarmonyOS 2 vs OxygenOS 11. Read more
- Huawei Mate X2 receiving new software update with system optimizations. Read more.
- Second HarmonyOS 2 closed beta update released for the Huawei Nova 5, Nova 5i Pro and Nova 5Z. Read more.
July 5, 2021:
- New display and sound improvements were released for Huawei Mate 40, P40, and Mate 30 devices. Read more.
- Huawei Nova 6, Nova 7, and Nova 8 smartphones receiving HarmonyOS 2 beta. Read more.
July 3, 2021:
- Huawei P50 or Nova 9 certified with a new charger and HarmonyOS 2 operating system. Read more.
July 2, 2021:
- Huawei rolling out a new software update with fixes for WiFi and Battery issues on HarmonyOS 2 installed devices. Read more.
July 1, 2021:
- Huawei denies the rumors of Nokia using HarmonyOS in its smartphones. Read more
- First HarmonyOS 2 public beta update released for Huawei Nova 8 SE, Enjoy 20 Pro, and other Huawei devices. Read more.
June 30, 2021:
- Nokia and HarmonyOS: Upcoming Nokia X60 smartphones to feature Huawei operating system, says a report. Read More
- In less than half a month, Huawei HarmonyOS 2 exceeded 18 million installations. Read More
- Huawei P30, Mate 20 Series and more enters HarmonyOS 2 public beta, check the devices. Read More
- HarmonyOS 2.0 first closed beta update rolling out for first batch of Honor devices. Read More
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update released for Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro smartphones. Read More
- Honor V20 receiving first HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update, removes Magic UI 4. Read More
- Huawei Maimang 9 HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More
June 29, 2021:
- New games optimizations released for Huawei P30 series (HarmonyOS 2 beta). Read More
- First Airlines launches Service Widgets for Huawei HarmonyOS 2 operating system. Read More
- Huawei MatePad Pro with HarmonyOS operating system enters and empowers the tablet market. Read More
- Major UI, animations changes and features of HarmonyOS 2 will rollout in July. Read More
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 beta for the first batch of Honor phones will rollout soon. Read More
June 28, 2021:
- Huawei Mate Xs HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More
- Fixes for fingerprint and display brightness issues on Huawei P30 (HarmonyOS beta) rolling out. Read More
- Huawei Mate X2 4G with pre-installed HarmonyOS goes on sale, starting at 17,499 Yuan. Read More
- Huawei HarmonyOS will bring Memory Turbo technology, increases 6GB RAM to 8GB. Read More
June 27, 2021:
- N9w software improvement update rolling out for Huawei Mate X2 (HarmonyOS 2). Read More
- Huawei Enjoy Smartphone Series HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More
- Huawei DevEco Studio 2.2 Beta 1 was released with low-code HarmonyOS 2 app development, remote device feature and more. Read More
June 25, 2021:
- The Task Center feature of HarmonyOS 2 brings you a connected cross-device experience. Read More
- Huawei Watch 3 Series powered by HarmonyOS officially launch in Malaysia. Read More
June 24, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2 has a feature to identify fake chargers, here’s what fake manufactures are doing. Read More
- Huawei Nova 6 SE and Nova 7 SE smartphones receiving second round HarmonyOS 2 beta. Read More
- Huawei P50 series launch confirmed internally, promote with 4G, HarmonyOS and hole punch display: Tipster. Read More
- Huawei planned to test new HarmonyOS features on MatePad Pro tablet, starts recruitment. Read More
- Second HarmonyOS 2 beta update released for Huawei Mate 20 lineup, brings feature improvements. Read More
June 23, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2 Stale update announced 18 smartphones including Huawei P40, Mate 40 and more. Read More
- Huawei postponed HarmonyOS Application Service Partner Summit to July. Read More
- HarmonyOS 2 closed beta sign up for 12 Honor devices begins, will upgrade from Magic UI and EMUI. Read More
- Huawei HarmonyOS is adapted by famous games including PUBG, Call of Duty and more. Read More
- PSA: HarmonyOS 2 testing started for EMUI 10.1 Huawei phones in China. Read More
June 22, 2021:
- Huawei P30 Series HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More
- Display, WiFi and system improvements rolling out for Huawei Mate 40E (HarmonyOS 2 beta). Read More
- HarmonyOS 2 beta update for Huawei MatePad Pro brings stylus improvements and more. Read More
- HarmonyOS is a pirated copy of Android? Some users spreading rumors after WiFi issues. Read More
- Battery life and Wi-Fi improvements rolling out for Huawei P40, Mate 40 and Mate X2 HarmonyOS 2 testers. Read More
June 21, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 beta for Huawei P30 devices rolling out, once a GMS phone now adopts new operating system. Read More
- Huawei HarmonyOS equipped ArcFox Polar Alpha S smart car enters mass production, aims to ship 1,000 orders this year. Read More
- Huawei Nova 6, 7 and 8 with HarmonyOS receiving new beta update with latest features. Read More
- HarmonyOS in smart car cockpit will install in 2021: Huawei Smart Car BU Chief. Read More
- HarmonyOS UI/UX: Here is the information about new user interface from Huawei. Read More
- Huawei Nova 7i getting May 2021 security update, users want to know HarmonyOS status. Read More
- Cocos Creator becomes the first game engine to support HarmonyOS operating system platform. Read More
- New HarmonyOS 2 public beta to start in July, includes Huawei Mate 20 and 16 other models. Read More
June 19, 2021:
- Chinese phone maker Coolpad posted HarmonyOS product launch promo, then removed it. Read More
- New sound, display, and system improvements were released for Huawei Mate 40 Series with HarmonyOS 2. Read More
- [Updated] China’s largest telecom operator to launch new smartphone brand with HarmonyOS on June 22. Read More
- Huawei Summer Services: HarmonyOS early adopters, battery replacement discounts and more in China. Read More
- Huawei Q&A: HarmonyOS, Huawei P50, Mate 50, Nova 7i, Watch GT 2, and more. Read More
- HarmonyOS powered Huawei Watch 3 will launch in Malaysia on June 25. Read More
- Honor HarmonyOS Upgrade Plan: Devices and Rollout Time [List]. Read More
- Huawei HarmonyOS Connect Summit: Launched new third-party smart products with fully connected HM OS experience. Read More
- A smartphone brand set to come back with HarmonyOS operating system, says the tipster. Read More
June 18, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro and Mate 40E with HarmonyOS go on the first sale, starting at 4199 Yuan. Read More.
- Huawei will install HarmonyOS operating system in most of the devices by this year: Huawei Smart Car Chief. Read More.
- HarmonyOS 2 first beta update released for Huawei P30, Nova 5, Mate X and more devices. Read More.
- Huawei Watch 3 Review: Flagship smartwatch with HarmonyOS power. Read More.
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro receiving first HarmonyOS 2 closed beta, a new operating system. Read More.
June 17, 2021:
- Pre-installed HarmonyOS version of Huawei Mate 40 will go on sale tomorrow. Read More.
- New app bar, support for Windows, and display optimizations rolling out with HarmonyOS 2 developer beta 3. Read More.
- June 2021 Huawei EMUI Security Patch details out, as HarmonyOS making its way to the users. Read More.
June 16, 2021:
- Huawei Enjoy 10 Smartphone getting April 2021 security update, eligible for HarmonyOS. Read More.
- Game and app optimizations for Huawei Mate 40 rolling out with a new HarmonyOS 2 beta patch. Read More.
June 15, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 closed beta for Huawei Mate 20 series testers expanding in China. Read More.
- Huawei EMUI: Goodbye legend, HarmonyOS will carry your ambitions. Read More.
- Download Huawei HarmonyOS Wallpapers [Link]. Read More.
June 14, 2021:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 with HarmonyOS receiving the first software upgrade, brings new features and improvements. Read More.
- HarmonyOS 2 vs iOS 15: UI smoothness comparison [Video]. Read More.
June 13, 2021:
- Here’s how much storage HarmonyOS 2 takes after installation compared to EMUI 11. Read More.
- Battery Endurance Test: HarmonyOS 2 vs EMUI 11 on Huawei Mate 40 Pro Plus, shocking results. Read More.
- Huawei hosting limited HM OS Medals Event for HarmonyOS 2 public beta testers Read More.
June 12, 2021:
- Here’s the meaning of the HarmonyOS logo, boot animation, the big O, and blue horizontal line. Read More.
- Huawei nova 6 series HarmonyOS 2 beta Update Tracker. Read More.
- Huawei nova 7 series HarmonyOS 2 beta Update Tracker. Read More.
June 11, 2021:
- HarmonyOS (HongMeng OS): Everything you need to know. Read More.
- Google Apps still working after upgrading to HarmonyOS from EMUI, don’t need to panic. Read More.
- Huawei HarmoyOS automobile operating system is redefiig the vehicle OS: CITIC Securities. Read More.
- Midea launched the first refrigerator with Huawei’s HarmonyOS system. Read More.
- HarmonyOS beta for Honor 20, V20, Honor 30 devices will start later this month [Models List]. Read More.
June 10, 2021:
- Huawei aims to make a fully driverless car by 2025, powered y HarmoyOS: Huawei Smart BU Chief. Read More.
- Huawei Watch 3 Series with HarmonyOS 2.0 will go on June 11 in China. Read More.
- HarmonyOS Apps and Games section launched on Huawei AppGallery. Read More.
- Huawei HarmonyOS Application Service Partner Summit set for June 25. Read More.
- WPS office will come pre-installed on Huawei HarmonyOS phones: Kingsoft Office. Read More.
- Second phase HramonOS 2 closed beta recruitment begins for these 11 Huawei devices [List]. Read More.
- Breaking: HarmonyOS 2 closed beta recruitment for Huawei P30 devices begins. Read More.
- HarmoyOS for Huawei Nova 5T: Pretty high chances of upgrade. Read More.
- Huawei Mate 20 Series HarmonyOS 2 Beta Update Tracker. Read More.
June 9, 2021:
- Two new Chinese banks joined HarmonyOS ecosystem by launching apps with Huawei services. Read more.
- Huawei could start a rollout of HarmonyOS as early as an entire quarter. Read more.
- Under 1 week, HarmonyOS concludes 10 million installations on Huawei devices Read more.
- HarmonyOS Connect section launched on Huawei mall that will help to sell more consumer friendly devices. Read more.
June 8, 2021:
- First batch of HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta update rolling out for these 28 Huawei devices and brings new operating system and features. Read more.
- A tablet maker hints to use HarmoynOS operating system, which is quite amazing news. Read more.
- HarmonyOS will successfully exceed 300 million device installations in 2021, which is revealed by a study. Read more.
- HarmonyOS begin aims to install 360 million devices by the end of this year, and 1.23 billion in 2022. Read more
- Huawei HarmonyOS currently has 73 partners in its ecosystem including Meizu. Read more.
June 7, 2021:
- First HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta rolling out for the Huawei Mate 20 series, which replaces EMUI 11 with the whole new set of features and operating system. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2.0 beta will start in mid-June for Huawei P30 series smartphones. Read more.
- OpenHarmony Educational Resource package launched by the OpenAtom foundation. Read more.
- A new user interface and HarmonyOS support is now released for Huawei PC Manager. Read more.
June 5, 2021:
- These two Chinese app makers launch HarmonyOS version of their apps. Read more.
- Cocos Creator will be the world’s first game engine with HarmonyOS support. Read more.
- Huawei opens HarmonyOS support for a unified push server. Read more.
- HarmonyOS is a champion of cross-device user experience. Read the full story here.
June 4, 2021:
- Supor launched a new automatic cooking device with the HarmonyOS system. Read more.
- Huawei is under maintenance due to the overwhelming user traffic on HarmonyOS. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS 20 upgrade for users brings HM OS medal. Read more.
- Chinese smartphone makers remain silent on HarmonyOS adaptation on their smartphones. Read more.
- HarmonyOS DevEco Studio 2.1 added new cross-device project templates atomic service development and more to help developers create new and powerful apps. Read more.
- Weibo on the HarmonyOS platform comes with a small weight of 9.1MB compared to its Android counterpart. Read more.
- HarmonyOS crosses the barrier of multi-device connection experience. Read more.
- Check the pure HarmonyOS operating system on development devices. Read more.
June 3, 2021:
- Stable HarmonyOS 2 update rolling out for 18 Huawei smartphones and tablets. Read more.
- Huawei devices can register HarmonyOS beta for 23 Huawei devices under closed beta recruitment. Read more.
- Check the event recap of HarmonyOS including Huawei Watch 3, MatePad Pro, and other important launches. Read more.
June 2, 2021:
- Check the HarmonyOS upgrade plan for Huawei phones here. Read more.
- Check the HarmonyOS upgrade plan for Honor phones. Read more.
June 1, 2021:
- Huawei opened early access registrations for HarmonyOS on smartphones, Read more.
- Unionman Technology proceeding new smart product with Huawei HarmonyOS. Read more.
- Meizu introduces the first smart product with HarmonyOS operating system support. Read more.
May 31, 2021:
- In the latest boot comparison video, HarmonyOS beats EMUI 11 with a big score. Read more.
May 30, 2021:
- Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro live image and video appeared with the user interface. Read more.
May 29, 2021:
- Huawei regains the Hongmeng trademark, which was already registered by a Chinese company. Read more.
- Huawei Watch GT 2, GT 2e, GT 2 Pro will receive HarmonyOS update, it’s quite exciting news. Read more.
- These smartphones will directly receive HarmonyOS software upgrade from June 2 onwards. Read more.
- Oppo employee resigned and gave an apology after making an inappropriate comment on HarmonyOS. Read more.
May 28, 2021:
- Huawei MatePad Pro tablet with HarmonyOS will launch on June 2. Read more.
- Meizu will launch its first HarmonyOS supported product on May 31. Read more.
- Most of Midea’s smart products will feature the HarmonyOS operating system. Read more.
- HarmonyOS device plan leaked ahead of launch – includes P, Mate, Nova series, smartwatches, tablets, and other important devices. Read more.
- Huawei P50 could launch on June 2 alongside Huawei Watch 3 devices but not confined at the moment. Read more.
May 27, 2021:
- OnePlus CEO forwards HarmonyOS introduction post, which could be a sign of OnePlus adopting HarmonyOS in the domestic market. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS for smartphones is likely to bring high performance, lower power consumption, and third-party phone makers. Read more.
- Huawei will answer 100 questions to clear some doubts regarding its operating system. Read more.
May 26, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta testing opened for Mate 40 series and P40 smartphones. Read more.
- Weibo starts recognizing HarmonyOS installed devices as HarmonyOS devices.
- HarmonyOS is deeply optimized for battery charging and keeps the phone optimized for a better user experience. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 20 series will receive HarmonyOS software update, reveals a leaked roadmap. Read more.
May 25, 2021:
- HarmonyOS for smartphones and new Huawei devices is officially confirmed to launch on June 2. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS official boot animation is unveiled, you can check it here. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS and New Product Launch Conference will be held globally. Read more.
- New 4G HarmonyOS version of flagship phones to launch at June 2 conference. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS developer Innovation Competition Results Announced. Read more.
- Do you know what HarmonyOS can now be called HM OS, which clearly reflects on its new logo? Read more.
- Huawei on Weibo has renamed its EMUI account HarmonyOS and it’s quite heartbreaking for some Huawei smartphone owners. Read more.
May 22, 2021:
- Huawei releases a new HarmonyOS software beta update for HarmonyOS 2.0 developer testers that brings new optimizations for quick settings, home screen, and other improvements. Read more.
May 22, 2021:
- Here is the Huawei Nova 8 and Nova 6 running HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta in a video. Check it here.
- Antutu benchmark adds Huawei HarmonyOS operating system support. Read more.
- Changan Automobile says that upcoming smart EVs will use HarmonyOS powered cockpit and CATL battery packs. Read more.
- Check Huawei HarmonyOS vs EMUI 11 boot comparison speed in a new phone. Read more.
- Huawei Watch 3 and Watch 3 Pro with HarmonyOS uses these codenames and there’s also a codename for the MatePad Pro 2 device. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS source de size is just 8GB, on the other hand, the Android open source project crossed over 60GB. Read more.
May 20, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2 is launching on June 2 alongside Huawei Watch 3 and MatePad Pro 2 devices. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 40 series getting new HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta 3 software update. Read more.
May 19, 2021:
- HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta update comes with bug fixes for the system, quick settings panel, and more. Read more
- HarmonyOS 2.0 camera app installed on EMUI 11 phone and here’s what happened. Read more.
- Huawei Smart Screen SE powered by HarmonyOS launched in 55 and 64-in screen sizes. Read more.
- HarmonyOS powered Huawei Router H6 released with large area coverage and high-speed network transmission. Read more.
- More chipmakers to be adopted by the HarmonyOS platform. Read more.
May 18, 2021:
- OpenHarmony 2.0 L2 branch is open source with pure HarmonyOS app code and not Android’s. Read more
- HarmonyOS mobile operating system is open for third-party phone makers. Read more.
- HarmonyOS operating system is currently a drop in the bucket, res portion will be filled by its partners, says Huawei. Read more.
- HarmonyOS Connect Upgrade Plan suggests a reduction in development time, increases reach among consumers and others. Read more.
- HarmonyOS hardware ecosystem upgrades to HarmonyOS connect. Read more
- Huawei announced HarmonyOS Connect Zone for Huawei Mall, launching soon. Read more.
- HarmonyOS is launching on June 2 with a wider rollout for smartphones. Read more.
- Over 300,000 Huawei phones have completed HarmonyOS installation so far. Read more.
May 17, 2021:
- Some Android compatibility code was removed from Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 code to boost native app support. Read more.
- Huawei Mobile Services will be going to compete against Google and App, HarmonyOS will run 300 million devices and the story of six dominating technologies of Huawei. Read more.
May 16, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS has an aim to capture 16 percent of the total operating system market share ASAP. Read more.
- Download the Huawei harmonyOS Boot Sound, Notifications, Ringtones, System Sounds, and more. Read more.
May 15, 2021:
- Take a better look at HarmonyOS Control Center, the new notification panel, and more in this new video. Read more.
- Some Android games identify HarmonyOS on phones as PC emulators. Read more.
- HarmonyOS is a new life for Huawei smartphones and other Huawei smart devices. Check the first edition of this article here.
May 14, 2021:
- Huawei is not an Android replacement it’s a complete alternative for other phone makers and to grow Huawei’s operating system family. Read more.
- Jingdong launches the HarmonyOS version of the app on AppGallery with HarmonyOS app compatibility. Read more.
- New Qcc app launches on AppGallery for HarmonyOS app ecosystem. Read more.
May 13, 2021:
- A new developer beta rolling out for HarmonyOS 2.0 developer open beta testers that brings a number of new changes in the display, system performance, and more. Read more.
- HarmonyOS official Weibo page exceeded 110,000 followers without even making a single post. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS Connect Partner Summit set for May 18. Read more
May 12, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 still support Android apps but distributed capabilities and cross-device features are its superpowers. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2.0 vs Xiaomi MIUI 12.5 app speed comparison shown in a test. check the video.
- Huawei Hongmeng Trademark got rejected, and here’s everything you need to know about this entire matter. Read more.
May 11, 2021:
- Xiaomi MIU Powered by HarmonyOS? check what happened in this video that’s spreading online. Read more
- Huawei will hold HarmonyOS Connect Summit for HarmonyOS ecosystem partners on May 18. Read more
May 10, 2021:
- These 7 Huawei devices receiving HarmonyOS 2.0 beta in the second developer phase. Check the list.
- Check this HarmonyOS video showing the cross-device feature in action. Read more.
- HarmonySO app size is very small in comparison to Android-based EMUI 11. Read more.
- Check the Huawei Mate 40 Pro running HarmonyOS 2.0 with all Google apps. Read more
- The New App downloading status animation of Huawei HarmonyOS looks stylish in a new video. Read more.
- Honor 30 Pro begins Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 internal beta testing, which is a piece of good news for Honor smartphone owners. Read more.
May 9, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonySO can still run Xposed modules even after upgrading from EMUI 11, this information is confirmed by Tai Chi developers. Read more.
- Huawei opens the second phase of HarmonyOS developer public beta testing. Read more.
- Huawei Watch gets the HarmonyOS edition of the Autonavi Map app. Read more.
- Large scale HarmonyOS rollout for Huawei phones to start in early June, as it aims to benefit industry partners. Read this report.
May 8, 2021:
- Qualcomm and MediaTek platforms to be adopted by HarmonyOS. Read more.
- HarmonyOS uses less RAM and Storage in comparison to Android-based EMUI 11. Read more.
- Honor 20, 30, V20, and V30 phones to receive HarmonyOS updates. Huawei seems to be also working on the low and mid-end processors to support HarmonyOS. Read more.
May 7, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 memory, space, and power consumption rate is lower than EMUI 11. On the other hand, efficiency is higher. Read more.
- These iOS 14 features coming to HarmonyOS under the new user interface and you should really see them. Read more.
- Huawei files two new trademarks related to HarmonyOS. Read more.
- Android outcast: Third party phone makers contacting Huawei to use HarmonyOS, which is a piece of bad news for Android. Read more.
May 6, 2021:
- Here’s the comparison of the app between HarmonyOS 2.0 beta vs EMUI 11. Read more.
- iOS 14 vs HarmonyOS 2.0, fight between two champions in terms of smoothness, animations, app loading time, and other aspects of testing. Read more.
- Check Huawei MatePad Pro tablet running HarmonyOS beta. Read More.
May 5, 2021:
- HarmonyOS and Huawei Vision S smart TV launches in the global market. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS can run Google Mobile Services and Play Store app after upgrading from EMUI 11. Read more.
- HarmoynOS 2.0 vs EMUI 11 boot speed comparison between Huawei MatePad Pro and Mate 40 RS Porsche Design. Read more.
- Huawei has finally removed the Powered by Android text logo from the HarmonyOS 2.0 boot screen. Read more.
May 4, 2021:
- Huawei phones will receive HarmonyOS update in June, says Huawei consumer business group president. Read more.
- Key changes after upgrading to HarmonyOS on Huawei device [Video]. Read more
- HarmonyOS 2.0 update released for Huawei Smart Screen V and S series. Read more.
- HarmonyOS Weibo page launched, will provide continuous information to Huawei device users. Read more.
- Check the app startup fluency battle between HarmonyOS 2.0 vs EMUI 11. Read more.
May 3, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS consuming less battery compared to EMUI 11 in tasks such as gaming and app handling. Read more.
- Download the Huawei HarmonyOS ringtone. Read more.
May 1, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta 3 added three new apps with cross-device features to increase the overall user experience. Read more.
- HarmonyOS DevEco studio 2.1 Beta 4 released with HarmonyOS SDK 22.214.171.124. Read more.
- First HarmonyOS powered air conditioner launched by Midea, comes with a one-touch smartphone connection system. Read more.
- HarmonyOS 2.0 dev beta 3 features show new quick settings, animations, settings menu, swipe gestures. Read more.
April 29, 2021:
- Huawei phones will have pre-installed HarmonyOS, Honor’s new phones will pack with Android 11 based Magic UI 5.0. Read more.
- HarmonyOS development started 5 years ago and it’s not a replacement for Android nor a copy of iOS. Read more.
April 28, 2021:
- Check the latest Huawei HarmonyOS mobile UI changes. Read more.
- HarmonyOS beta will be tested on a big list of models, with large testing to start soon. Read more.
- HarmonyOS developer beta goes up to 6GB in OTA update size. Read more.
- Quick Settings Menu of HarmonyOS looks changed and awesome. Read more.
April 27, 2021:
- Huawei Router H6 pre-sale starts feature HarmonyOS, Huawei Mesh+ high-speed network, and other important features. Read more.
- Huawei is testing a variety of apps with a new design for HarmonyOS. Read more.
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 4G with pre-built HarmonyOS passes 3C certificate featuring 66W charger. Read more.
- Midea cooking stove launched with Huawei HarmonyOS smartphone NFC chipset. Read more.
April 26, 2021:
- Huawei reveals HarmonyOS innovation incubation lab including smart home, sports health, smart travel, audio-visual and more. Read more.
April 25, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro receives network certification with HarmonyOS 2.0 pre-build operating system. Read more.
April 24, 2021:
- Huawei will reveal HarmonyOS global version detail later this year, suggests official. Read more.
- Huawei HarmonyOS powered Arcfox Alpha S smart car. Read more.
April 23, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS is ready to debut in the global market with the launch of Huawei Vision S. Read more.
April 21, 2021:
- Huawei Developer Day is set for April 28. Read more.
- One-time development and multi-device deployment, Huawei launches HarmonyOS app development online experience website. Read more
April 21, 2021:
- These 19 Huawei devices now opened for HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta. Read more
- Huawei Developer Day is set for April 28. Read more.
April 15, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS Developer Day is set for April 17, check more information here.
- Huawei P50, MatePad Pro 2, FreeBuds 4, HarmonyOS mobile, and more products will launch soon, beginning from May. Read more.
April 19, 2021:
- ARCFOX Alpha S series smart car with HarmonyOS launched, check highlights, features, and price. Read more.
- Huawei introduced five new Huawei HI technology products. Read more about them here.
- Around 50 models are ready to receive HarmonyOS software updates including phones, smartwatches, tablets, Honor phones and more. Read more.
April 13, 2021:
- Multiple Huawei devices with HarmonyOS software kernel spotted on HiSuite app suggests near beta testing for the public users. Read more.
- Huawei will install HarmonyOS update in over 100 million devices in 2021. Read more.
April 12, 2021:
The latest info confirms that HarmonyOS upgrade for Huawei P30 devices and change in the kernel via HiSuit app. Read more.
April 8, 2021:
Huawei P50 and MatePad Pro 2 devices unveiling may delay up to June because of the launch of the HarmonyOS in a more stable version. Read more.
April 7, 2021:
- Huawei Watch 3 will come with a new HarmonyOS user interface, eSIM card support, and more new features. Read more.
- Honor 9X device spotted running the HarmonyOS mobile developer beta, which is really fantastic for the consumers. Read more.
- HarmonyOS is a unified language for different devices, Huawei aims to install it in over 300 million devices in 2021. Read more.
- Most of the Huawei phones will get HarmonyOS upgrade before June this year. Read more.
April 6, 2021:
Some of Joyoung products have started to use Huawei HarmonyOS in their products. Read more.
April 4, 2021:
- A new feature of HarmonyOS has appeared in the third build of the HarmonyOS mobile developer beta, which allows users to share content between devices easier than before. Read more.
- Huawei laptop with Kirin 990 chipset to launch initially for enterprise users and could also upgrade with HarmonyOS. Read more.
April 1, 2021:
Huawei HarmonyOS phone and other development including DevEco Studio 2.1 beta 3 released for the developers. Read more.
March 31, 2021:
- Here’s you can check the key differences between the HarmonyOS, iOS, and Android operating systems. Read more.
- Huawei starts to roll out the beta 3 version of the HarmonyOS mobile developer program, public beta test next. Read more.
March 30, 2021:
Huawei’s first tablet with pre-installed HarmonyOS received a network certificate, according to the information it will come with two 12-inch screen sizes. Read more.
March 29, 2021:
Take a look at the information that you should know about the third beta of the HarmonyOS mobile developer preview. Read more
March 26, 2021:
- Huawei HarmonyOS app ecosystem has been joined by over 300 application makers. Read more.
- Huawei announces HaramonyOS mobile dev beta 3, public beta to start in April this year. Read more.
March 24, 2021:
Huawei HarmonyOS for phones could launch at upcoming HDC events. Read more.
March 22, 2021:
Huawei may unveil its latest HarmonyOS at the event on April 24, 2021. Read more.
March 21, 2021:
A new leak reveals that Huawei P50 would be delayed for a new month will come with HarmonyOS pre-installed. Read more.
March 21, 2021:
Huawei HarmonyOS phone upgrade plan appeared online, suggests the first batch of the adaptation process. Read more.
March 18, 2021:
A Chinese phone maker comes to the light and presented its view on this matter to adopt Huawei HarmonyOS on its devices, check the reply here.
March 16, 2021:
HarmonyOS upgrade plan for Huawei phones suggests covering partial Kirin 710 devices. Read more
March 12, 2021:
- Honor 9X users will be upgraded to Hongmeng OS (HarmonyOS) later this year, which is big news for the consumers. Read more
- Huawei will directly upgrade the smartphones that even not received EMUI 11 or Magic UI 4 but this upgrade process may take sometime later this year. Read more
March 11, 2021:
Huawei has started registering developers for the next HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta event, which is scheduled for March 25. Read more
March 8, 2021:
Huawei started pushing the second beta software update of HarmonyOS Developer Preview, which brings a number of new additions to software services. Read more
March 7, 2021:
A tipster from China reveals that Huawei P50 has successfully completed the adaptation of HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta. Read more
March 6, 2021:
Wang Chenglu added Hongmeng (HarmonyOS) is open for all. If other smartphone manufacturers want to use it, we will support it. Read more
February 27, 2021:
February 22, 2021:
Huawei officially announced that its home-grown operating system, HarmonyOS for smartphones will launch in April this year. Read more
February 3, 2021:
Huawei DevEco getting a bunch of new improvements via a new patch release and brings more comfort for the developers. Read more.
January 30, 2021:
Following the launch of the distributed operation system, HarmonyOS. Huawei is also planning to launch the HarmonyOS based distributed games technology for its devices. Read more.
January 23, 2021:
Check the four real-world demonstrations of the Huawei HarmonyOS and its synergy with the devices as well as seamless device interaction. Read more here.
January 22, 2021:
Geroge Zhao clearly answered the question of whether the newly separated Honor will use HarmonyOS 2.0 operation system? Check his reply here.
January 13, 2021:
Amid the concerns and reports of HarmonyOS being a copy of the Android. Huawei software division chief, Wang Chenglu detailed the key differences between HarmonyOS, Android and iOS. Read more here.
February 15, 2021:
Huawei Smart Camera Pro with HarmonyOS goes on sale in China. The camera capture a resolution output of 2K has AI smart detection+, has 32/64GB storage, HiSilicon chip, 3MP camera, and more. Read more.
January 8, 2021:
The Chinese tech giant applied for a new product trademark including Lingxi chip and processor in China. According to a report, this chip could be a native processor for the HarmonyOS operating system. Read more here.
January 1, 2021:
A tipster suggests that the Huawei P50 may not be the first smartphone to run the HarmonyOS 2.0 out of the box and it may be something completely different than this flagship. Read more here.
December 30, 2020:
Over 40 mainstream brands and 100 million smart devices will use Huawei’s HarmonyOS operating system in 2021 and it’s expected to grow more in the coming years. Read more here.
December 25, 2020:
First HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta started to rollout for the Huawei P40 and Mate 30 devices. Read more here.
December 21, 2020:
Huawei Vision S series smart TVs launched with HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS) in three screen sizes 55, 65, 75-inch. Read more here.
December 21, 2020:
HarmonyOS will play a huge role in the 1+8+N smart strategy to increase the reach to more users. Read more here.
December 18, 2020:
Huawei applied for new trademarks for the HarmonyOS, which possibly hints at new apps. Read more here.
December 18, 2020:
Here’s the difference between HarmonyOS 2.0 and Android, you can check the feature power of the distributed technology. Read more here.
December 17, 2020:
Here are all of the features of HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta. Read more here.
December 17, 2020:
A report suggests that the next Huawei P-series flagship will come with pre-installed HarmonyOS. However, an official confirmation is yet to be made. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
The first smartphone with HarmonyOS will launch in 2021. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
Over 120 home appliance companies and 20+ hardware manufacturers joined the HarmonyOS ecosystem and to develop products. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
With the power of distributed UI controls and distributed technology, HarmonyOS 2.0 can automatically adjust on different screen size devices with just a one-time compilation. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
With the power of distributed UI controls and distributed technology, HarmonyOS 2.0 can automatically adjust on different screen size devices with just a one-time compilation. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
Huawei has decided to upgrade its older devices with HarmonyOS by 2021. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
Hands-on video of HarmonyOS 2.0 appeared online, showing its user interface and some key changes. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
Following the release of HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta, Huawei started recruiting P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro devices to test the HarmonyOS. Read more here.
December 16, 2020:
HarmonyOS aims to install HarmonyOS operating system in over 100 million devices by 2021. These include smartphones, smart home appliances, IoT products, and more. Read more here.
December 15, 2020:
HarmonyOS 2.0 will support APK support for the users. Read more here.
December 11, 2020:
Huawei is working on a tablet that could launch with Huawei P50 in 2021 and it could run HarmonyOS based Pad OS. Read more here.
December 9, 2020:
According to tipsters, Huawei is preparing to launch a new smartwatch and it’ll launch alongside the Huawei P50 series in 2021. It’s possible that it could come with HarmonyOS operating system. Read More here.
December 7, 2020:
Huawei has confirmed to launch HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile beta on December 16 at an official event and to announce the development plan as well as tools for the developers. Read More here.
- December 4, 2020: HarmonyOS 2.0 Mobile Beta launch event set for December 16, check full agenda
- November 28, 2020: Stable EMUI 11 hints towards HarmonyOS upgrade, Android exclusion could be possible
- November 24, 2020: HarmonyOS beta to first land on Huawei Mate 40 series
- November 12, 2020: First home appliance products with Huawei’s HarmonyOS launched
- November 9, 2020: HarmonyOS beta for Huawei smartphones could launch in December under developer test
- October 31, 2020: Huawei introduces new car smart screen equipped with HarmonyOS and powered by HiCar system
- October 31, 2020: Huawei HI: New brand for Intelligent Automotive Solutions, powered by HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS)
- October 30, 2020: Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro launched with HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS) app support
- October 27, 2020: HarmonyOS 2.0 powered Huawei Car Smart Screen launching on October 30
- October 8, 2020: HarmonyOS might not rollout for Huawei P20 and Mate 10 series, suggests a leak
- October 8, 2020: Take a look at HarmonyOS smart home product and a sneak peek of its ecosystem
- October 5, 2020: HarmonyOS smartphones upgrade plan allegedly leaked, Kirin 9000 first and Kirin 990 devices in second batch
- September 20, 2020: Baidu Maps now supports HarmonyOS 2.0, teases launch of HarmonyOS smartwatch
- September 17, 2020: HarmonyOS 2.0 UX upgrade for Honor Smart TVs will rollout in December, comes with mobile interface features
- September 13, 2020: HarmonyOS will be the center of the future smartphone industry: Huawei Software Chief
- September 12, 2020: Huawei aims to install HarmonyOS in 200 million devices by 2021
- September 12, 2020: Check the live video of HarmonyOS smartwatch, could launch this year
- September 11, 2020: EMUI 11 brings HarmonyOS 2.0 support, Huawei devices will shift on HarmonyOS
- September 11, 2020: HarmonyOS 2.0 launched, now supports tablets, wearable and even smartphones
- September 10, 2020: HarmonyOS smartphone could launch in early 2021
HarmonyOS beta for 6 old popular Huawei phones start in October
HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta program will next start for 6 Huawei phones that are one of the popular choices of budget and mid-range consumers. This confirmation also begins the countdown to the final testing phase of the Huawei operations system.
According to the information, Huawei will start the eighth phase of HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta for 6 phones in early October. These HarmonyOS closed beta for 6 Huawei phones includes:
- Huawei Nova 3i
- Huawei Nova 2s
- Huawei Maimang 9
- Honor V9
- Honor Play
- Honor Note 10
Following the official recruitment, the company will also reveal the rollout dates for the HarmonyOS 2.0 on the corresponding phones that will come with major features and a new set of features.
These phones are popular and have made their own audience in both domestic and in the global market. Yet, the initial rollout will bring joy among the device owners.
Recent Closed, Public, and Stable announcements:
Huawei announced the seventh phase of HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta for 10 Huawei phones including P10, P10 Plus, Mate 9, Mate 9 Pro, Mate 9 RS Porsche Design, Nova 3, Enjoy 9 Plus (Huawei Y9 2019), MediaPad M5 Pro 10.8, MediaPad M5 10.8, MediaPad M5 8.4.
HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta added new faces – Huawei P20, P20 Pro, Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10 Porsche Design, Mate RS Porsche Design, Nova 4, Enjoy 10S, Enjoy 10 Plus, Honor 9X, 9X Pro, the 20S, 10, V10 and Play 4T Pro.
In addition to these two, Huawei also announced a batch of models that now moved on to the stable rollout. These are – Nova 5i, Nova 4e, Honor 30S, 30 Youth Edition, X10, X10 Max, Play4.
On June 2, Huawei announced the brand new mobile operating system for smartphone devices that comes with a new user interface and features that enhance the user experience for the consumer. At the event, Huawei unveiled a roadmap to send HarmonyOS 2.0 on mobile devices and includes over 100 Huawei models consisting of both phones and tablets.
The company so far has started HarmonyOS 2.0 for almost all of the listed eligible Huawei phones and moving rapidly to conclude the HarmonyOS 2.0 testing in China. However, this OS is yet to reach the global market and there’s no confirmation when it’ll actually make its way to the consumers.
HarmonyOS Multi Camera Mode: Everything you need to know
At present, Huawei HarmonyOS is one the most favored operating system to capture headlines in the software industry. There are so many things that grabbed our attention like its features, rollout process, markets, update schedules, users experience, and so on. Alongside the market competition, the Huawei device holders are also keeping their eyes on these things.
The reason is its amazing distributive capabilities and features that make excite users. Over this, the Chinese tech giant continuously adding more delightful features that make users think- WOW! we can also do this. In this article, we are going to discuss one of the HarmonyOS exclusive features called- multi-camera mode.
Which device cloud use multi-camera mode:
HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199 officially installed the multi-camera mode on eligible smartphones. The flagships device, which has been updated over this version can use this photography mode. We can count 20 devices including the Huawei P50 series, Mate X2, Mate 40 series, P40 series, Mate30 series, Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6-inch, etc for receiving this camera mode by this time.
As of now, it’s only available for Chines models. You can match this update version on your smartphones if you have already installed it, will be able to use this feature.
Where to Find: Under the same WiFi or Hotspot users can find the multicamera mode on the camera app. Just select your friend’s device after opening the camera preview and you can start shooting the scene or whatever you have planned.
What is HarmonyOS multi-camera mode:
The recently added multi-camera mode lets the user access the camera on other HarmonyOS devices during the video shoot. In means, a user can access the camera of other users with the same version for clicking snaps or recording videos in a certain range.
In other words, the new feature allows you to connect multiple HarmonyOS devices including smartphones and tablets simultaneously and control their camera. However, they must connect with the same Wi-Fi network. When the connection is established, the user can record videos from various views through one device using the default camera app.
Additionally, users could remotely control the camera on other devices using a single smartphone. It allows multi-angle shooting at the same time using different devices. The users that are often involved in video shooting such as vloggers, videographers, social media influencers, etc will feel blessed after having this multi-mode.
Let discuss this mode more deeply-
Benefits of having multi-camera mode:
Let do a point-to-point comparison and understand what this mode has brought us. Suppose a scenario that you are shooting a video with your friends somewhere in between lake or sea enjoying surfing, paddling a sea kayak, or any other sport. We’ll discuss two situations, the first one with normal camera mode, and the second one with multi-camera mode.
In the first condition, you and recoding a group video from multiple angles using two or more cameras on a smartphone or tablet. In this condition, all you can do is to shoot one scene from different devices placed at different angles. Afterward, you have to merge those videos and set the order using other video editing tools. It’s not only hectic work but time-consuming too.
This situation can be more simplistic with the HarmonyOS multi-camera mode. If all devices are on the latest HarmonyOS version, all you have to do is to set the device at the angles you want to recode video from. Now, turn on the multi-camera mode and recode the seen simultaneously in one decision. Furthermore, you can also switch in between the back and forth during the record. No after recoding work, no video editing tool, all is to just to set angles and shoot the video. Isn’t it amazing?
Nowadays, the multi-camera mode isn’t a big surprise with the latest technology. It’s a come thing is moving, web series, variety shows, daily soaps, even in short moving. This multi-angle view lets the audience experience the same scene from different respective and brings a more engaging and enjoyable experience.
Smartphone with multi-camera modes is quite tricky and surprising. Although, shooting the same scene with a different smartphone simultaneously can capture multi-angle scenes, control them was still a big issue. HarmonyOS multi-camera mode is the answer to the question that makes controlling all device the device connected under the same WiFi network easily.
Huawei’s and Photography Features:
Huawei smartphones are well known for their camera capabilities and modes. The Huawei P50 lineups are the most recent example of it. The captured shots from the device present vivid details of the object is doesn’t matter how far or close it is. moving ahead, its 100x zooming ability can reflect any object just in front of you. (Read Here)
The P50 lenses are already amazing, are attracting users to forget about other spaces. Adding to this, the company also brings the ability to switch between videos without terminating them with Nova 9. It’s said since Huawei P9 the company started to boost up its camera technology, and now the result is in front of us.
Overall this camera mode is one of the coolest features that HarmonyOS provides. On top of this, Huawei Mate 50 is still in line that’ll debut in the first half of 2022. After, receiving these more than amazing features users have high expectations from the company. Besides, it haven’ made us disappointed even in this severe situation. It’ll be interesting to see, what’ll the company bring next.
Huawei HarmonyOS Upgrade Plan: Devices and Rollout Time [List]
The story of HarmonyOS smartphone testing began on December 16, 2020. At this date, Huawei announced HarmonyOS 2.0 Developer beta testing for a number of old flagships. Initially, HarmonyOS become available in the testing range of Huawei developers and industry partners. The HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta testing slots for models from Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro series devices.
Post recruitment, Huawei selected and processed the developer beta applications and sent the first HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta OTA update to select testers.
Since beta testing is a staged process, Huawei conducted and released several betas builds to developers. After three months of internal beta flight, in April, the company expanded HarmonyOS beta testing for more devices such as Mate 40 series, Mate X2, and others, labeled under HarmonyOS 2.0 developer open beta.
In the following month, mid-range smartphones – Huawei Nova 6, Nova 7, and Nova 8 lineups also joined the second phase beta activity in the second round of the Developer Open beta.
After 6 months of trials and developer testing, Huawei finally made up its mind of sending HarmonyOS on the consumer version of smartphones and it began on June 2.
On June 2, Huawei officially launched HarmonyOS for smartphone devices, a brand new operating system and a successor of EMUI software system, which was based on Android.
HarmonyOS is surely interesting, isn’t it? But the key interesting thing is, which devices will get HarmonyOS software update and when will it start to rollout? Well, Huawei has shared its official roadmap of upgrading old devices with its operating system and it’s detailed below.
This rollout plan has blown my mind as it covers devices that go up to the year 2016, and it’s absolutely insane and beyond my words. This is surely exciting news for the Huawei consumers and it reflects that Huawei wants to change all of the Huawei devices (launched in the past) on HarmonyOS.
Here, you can check all of the information about the HarmonyOS upgrade plan, timeline, and rollout devices.
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from June 2, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 40E
- Huawei Mate X2
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 4G
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro Plus
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30E Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 30 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 5G
- Huawei MatePad Pro WiFi
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from the third quarter of 2021:
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Lohas Edition
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Vitality Edition
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro 4G
- Huawei Nova 7 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G
- Huawei Nova 6
- Huawei Nova 6 5G
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
- Huawei MatePad 10.8 inches
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 inches
- Huawei MatePad 5G 10.4 inches
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from the fourth quarter of 2021:
- Huawei Smart Screen V 55 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 75 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 85 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 55
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 75
- Huawei Smart Screen S 55
- Huawei Smart Screen S 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S 75
- Huawei Smart Screen X 65
- Huawei P30
- Huawei Mate 20 X 4G
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Mate X
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G
- Huawei Maimang 9
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet 2
Devices that will get HarmonyOS from the first half of 2022:
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei P20
- Huawei Nova 4
- Huawei Nova 3
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro
- Huawei Nova 5z
- Huawei Nova 5
- Huawei Nova 4e
- Huawei Maimang 8
- Huawei Enjoy 9S
- Huawei Nova 5i
- Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus
- Huawei Mate 9
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design
- Huawei P10
- Huawei P10 Plus
- Huawei Nova 2s
- Huawei Enjoy 10
- Huawei Enjoy 10s
- Huawei Enjoy 9 Plus
- Huawei Nova 3i
- Huawei MediaPad M5 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 8 inches
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet
- Huawei Smart Screen V55i
- Huawei Smart Screen V65i
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65 2019
- Huawei Smart Screen V 76 2019
- This plan will first apply to the Chinese models
- This list could be updated
- Global Huawei models could differ from the Chinese model
- Rollout time for global models could be different