Today, Dell’Oro Group has published a report on the global telecom infrastructure market for the fourth quarter of 2020, in which Huawei secures the first position. However, the ranking continues to remains the same from 2019 to 2020.
This data report is based on overall telecommunication market equipment including broadband access, microwave, and optical transmission, mobile core and radio access network, SP router, and carrier-class switches.
The analysis data show that there is an increment of 7% noted in the year 2020, which is the highest growth rate since 2011. Alongside this, the report also reveals the supplier revenue share ranking list.
The top seven brands are Huawei on top, followed by Nokia, Ericsson, ZTE, Cisco, Ciena, and Samsung. These seven leading equipment suppliers cover 80-85% of the overall market. Simultaneously, the 5G deployment is currently going, which affects the revenue share.
According to the report, Huawei’s share of the global telecom equipment market (including China) has increased by 2-3 percentage points throughout 2020. Although Ericsson and Nokia have enhanced RAN market share outside of China.
Other major point mentioned in this report:
• Preliminary data indicate that the positive development momentum of the overall telecommunications market will continue from the first quarter of 2020 to the fourth quarter, thanks to strong growth in multiple wireless sectors (including RAN and mobile core networks), as well as broadband access and operations Moderate growth in the commercial switch market.
• The faster growth rate of the mobile core network and RAN market has helped to accelerate the development of the whole year of 2020, and the growth of these two market segments has exceeded expectations.
• Supply chain disruptions related to the new crown epidemic affected some telecommunications sectors at the beginning of last year but were largely alleviated by the end of last year.
• The network traffic caused by the shift in usage patterns has had varying degrees of impact on the telecom equipment market, resulting in strong demand for capacity upgrades in certain technologies or regions, while in other cases, the epidemic Did not result in a significant increase in capacity.
• As the investment in the Chinese market exceeds the overall market, Dell’Oro estimates that the revenue share of Huawei and ZTE will increase by 3-4% between 2019 and 2020, and the two companies together account for 40% of the global telecom equipment market. % the above.
• Even if the baseline becomes higher, the Dell’Oro analyst team is still optimistic for the full year of 2021 and expects the overall telecom equipment market to grow by 3%-5%.