Huawei has asked the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) to not block its network equipment in the country.
The FCC chairman of Ajit Pai, gave preliminary approval last year, to bar mobile service provider from making a purchase of Huawei made equipment citing a national security threat.
Although, the commission is yet to schedule a final vote on this matter but Huawei said it would file on Wednesday a 10-page logical response urging the agency to abandon the idea, reported CNBC.
“Banning particular vendors on grounds of ‘national security’ will actually do little or nothing to protect the security of America’s telecommunications networks,” Huawei said in a filing.
“Rather, forcing network operators to rip out and replace their existing equipment would pose a greater threat to network stability and security.”
“While rural carriers have done everything right, they (along with rural consumers) could become collateral damage in a larger national security and trade debate,” said the Rural Wireless Association said in a December filing.
The group said if the FCC goes ahead with a ban, the agency should provide funding to remove and replace existing equipment.
Back in May, the US commerce department added Huawei in the Entity List and barred the company from doing business with American firms, later on, the ban was lifted for a 90 days reprieve allow the company to provide support for its existing customers in the country.
This action was later challenged by Huawei, as the company filed a legal suite asked US court to change this action against Huawei.