Recently, the TM forum conducted the Digital Transformation World (DTW) Summit. At this event, Huawei and China Mobile won the Sustainability Excellence Award 2022 for their ‘Green 5G Enables Sustainable Development project‘.
Huawei and China Mobile are constantly working toward the global goal of carbon peak and carbon neutrality. After beneficial communication, both cooperations decided to build the Green 5G all-scenario solution.
Ultimately, the Green 5G project has contained several techniques to promote sustainable growth. For instance, digital-intelligent services of Autonomous Networks (AN), innovative technologies, and more reflective features. Together, these implements made the project compatible to achieve the mandatory goals.
Hence, seeing the good impact of the project, the TM Forum has awarded Huawei and China Mobile with Sustainability Excellence Award 2022. Apart from the award ceremony, Huawei has also delivered some highlights on the Green 5G solution.
Green 5G Solution
- 5G Network Operations: The solution has developed energy-saving techs for its network services. As a result, it would help in achieving end-to-end energy savings on 5G networks. Further, it will cover all the necessary layers. (5G base stations, transmission devices, equipment rooms, simplified outdoor sites, and data centers).
- Industry Customer Enablement: The solution comprises AI functions of the AN phase. This enables large bandwidth with low latency advantages of 5G. Eventually, this aids the enterprises to improve their resource efficiency and production efficiency.
- Data Transfer: The solution actively participates in practicing Eastern Data, and Western Training over the computing force network. This helps in utilizing the western advantages of clean energy, completely.
Huawei understands that communication networks will play a crucial part in accelerating digital growth. Hence, it keeps on introducing new technologies such as OXC (Optical Cross-Connect) Solutions, single-domain autonomy concept, and more.
Being a world-class global ICT provider, the Chinese tech giant promises to continue the work for smarter, greener, and more reliable products and solutions. Consequently, these efforts will make it possible to achieve the goal of a green future.
Huawei Music launches on Apple App Store
Huawei has a few apps on Apple App Store including Huawei Health and recently, the phone maker has launched Huawei Music on this iPhone app distribution platform.
According to the listing, Huawei Music on Apple App Store is published by Huawei Software Technologies Co., Ltd. and it’s available for free. It’s good to see Huawei has brought in a new app on more devices.
This is a platform focusing on music interaction, making friends with songs, and letting musicians bring you to a good mood with warm singing.
Below you can check the listing of Apple Music,
1. A large number of music experts:
- Gather excellent music experts from the whole network, share the beauty of music with you, and bring you an auditory feast.
2. Song request interaction:
- Real-time interaction, order songs as much as you want, here, every thought can be seen, and every enthusiasm will be responded to.
3. Warm and heal:
- Heart-warming stories, and happy partners, this is a music exchange platform that lives on your mobile phone, accompanies you anytime, anywhere, and keeps you warm.
For your information, Huawei Music is already available on AppGallery and it comes pre-installed on Huawei devices. However, iPhone users now too have access to this amazing library of latest sound tracks.
January 2023 EMUI update expanding for Huawei Mate 40 Pro users
Last week, Huawei initiated January 2023 EMUI software update for Mate 40 Pro users in the global market with firmware version 22.214.171.1240. Other than Mate 40 Pro, the P40 Pro can also upgrade to the latest software.
According to the information, Huawei Mate 40 Pro users can install the January 2023 update to get the security improvements released recently by the tech maker.
We suggest you download this new update to improve your Mate 40 Pro’s security environment. You should know has released this update in batches and it may take some time to cover all of the devices.
Meanwhile, Huawei Mate 40 Pro users are currently running EMUI 12 update and they are now waiting for EMUI 13. But Huawei has not released a list of eligible devices, which is eagerly awaited.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro users can check for the new version via Settings > tap on System & updates. Then you need to follow the on-screen instructions to get the newest firmware.
Check below to see the full changelog.
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in January 2023 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei’s EMUI system updates, visit the Huawei official website: https://consumer.huawei.com/de/support/bulletin/2023/1/.
You should know that this update won’t erase your data but it’s recommended for you to make a backup of important data.
(source – Huaweiblog)
New update adds 10 minutes auto shutdown for Huawei Share
Last month, we reported that Huawei Share will get a new feature upgrade and now, it’s finally rolling out for Huawei smartphones and tablets running the HarmonyOS operating system in China. The latest addition is unique as it auto shutdown Huawei Share after 10 minutes.
According to the information, turning on the switch makes your device visible to nearby devices so you can receive files. The switch turns off automatically after 10 minutes, but you can still send files.
Once enabled, Huawei Share will be visible to nearby devices for 10 minutes (reverse countdown). However, it was previously, only a simple switch, which remained enabled until you turn it off manually. Aside from the countdown and automatic switch-off, Huawei has not added any additional capability in Huawei Share.
Huawei Share lets you share files with nearby Huawei devices, this feature utilizes WiFi to transfer data fast and efficiently. It works across different platforms including smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
To use Huawei share, the user needs to open the control panel and tap on Huawei Share on the receiving end. Now, choose the file to send, and from the sharing option, select Huawei Share, as it will automatically appear on top of the pop-up menu. The transmission only requires you to accept the one-time accept request to share files.
Currently, the latest 10 minutes auto shutdown feature for Huawei Share is only available for devices in China. However, it may also roll out for the global models but we don’t have any confirmation on this matter.
Check for updates:
Huawei devices with Chinese firmware need to open Settings > then tap on System & updates, move to Software updates > and CHECK FOR UPDATES. The phone will take a few minutes to complete the download procedure and restart the device. Make sure you follow the on-screen instructions accurately to conduct the installation.