On December 21, Huawei has published a new technology in the form of a patent related to Android application migration. According to the China Intellectual Property database, the company filed this patent on June 20, 2020, and now it is announced with the number CN113821333A.
The patent description shows that it belongs to the field of operating system technology. This innovation can be used to export and restore the basic resource information, ASM resource information, and Binder resource information of the Android application under the Android system.
Huawei patent method for android application migration includes:
- Export basic resource information of Android applications
- Call the Ashmem kernel driver to export the Ashmem resource information of the Android application
- Call the Binder kernel driver to export the Binder resource information of the Android application
- Generate resource information collections for Android applications, including various resource information exported
- The resource information collection of the Android application is sent to the destination computing node, and the destination computing node realizes the restoration of the Android application based on the resource information collection of the Android application.
About Android application:
Android apps are applications that can run on the Android platform such as smartphones or tablets. These applications can be made available by developers through their websites, most Android apps are uploaded and published on the Android Market such as Google Play Store, an online store dedicated to these applications.
On the other hand, Huawei also has its own App market – AppGallery that consisted of a large number of applications including both Android and HarmonyOS apps. The AppGallery provides various other functions to provide a new user experience.