Over the last few months, WhatsApp’s new Terms of Service are in the spotlight, which will set for May 15 to come into effect. As the date is coming near, lots of users starting worrying and many questions are popping up in their minds. So, let’s bind them and try to find out their answers.
What happens from May 15, 2021:
If I didn’t accept the Terms of Service:
WhatsApp users who have not accepted the terms by that date, still they will be able to continue to use their accounts. But, they will suffer through several functions limitation until they agree with the terms.
It means that the account will remain active, but the services become unusable. Additionally, users can also accept the Terms of Service even after May 15, 2021.
Features that you won’t be able to use if you don’t accept the Terms of Service:
- You won’t be able to send new status updates within the application.
- It’s not possible to forward messages from a chat to another one.
- You cannot manage and use broadcast lists and create new groups, but you can still be added in groups from other people if your privacy settings allow them to add you, otherwise you cannot accept new invites to groups.
- Messaging services are very limited: you cannot quote messages or mention participants in your groups, and you cannot send voice messages, stickers, and other types of media within the application.
- You won’t be able to back up your chat history if you have disabled the automatic backup.
- You cannot use the service Click To Chat.
- You cannot export your chat history.
- If you have iOS, you cannot view shared media anymore, if you haven’t previously exported them. On WhatsApp, for Android, you can still view your media using a File Manager visiting the new path.
If I accept the Terms of Service:
WhatsApp users that accept the terms are able to continue their account and services as usual. On the other hand, a lot of peoples believe that this step allows Facebook to get the data from WhatsApp and it could be true since it’s the parent company.
Users can still chat with family and friends safely and normally because the real changes are made in chatting with business accounts work. There are two types of business accounts: a normal business account and a special business account that uses cloud providers.
While contacting a normal business account is like chatting with a friend or family member, when you chat with a business account that uses cloud providers, it’s possible that the details of the chat with them are used to generate targeted advertisements on Facebook.
So, if you were worried about the Terms of Service, you can understand then just avoid these “special” business accounts having “bad” privacy practices to stay away from Facebook. You can recognize them because it’s marked at the top of the conversation if they use tools to manage and store the chat.
WhatsApp users there is nothing to worried about, your chats and calls are really safe and end-to-end encrypted. If you are still in dilemma then just do one thing, avoid those two new services mentioned above. Aside from this, nothing is changed in WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is now more secure and exciting with these new features
WhatsApp brings a package of new exciting features for Android, iOS, and Desktop users. Here you will get a descriptive intro of all the new changes that boost your experience with the thrilling elements of the app.
WhatsApp is maintaining the functionalities of Android, iOS, and Desktop by releasing features in all segments. Below you can check some new features that WhatsApp recently added to make your chats secure and exciting
- On Android, the camera shortcut is back, and the iOS beta now has it enabled for the first time. Users are notified if they have already established a community and can no longer access the camera through the previous entry point. If it is not visible, it implies your WhatsApp account needs to wait for a future update until it is available.
- You can finally share your own stickers that accurately reflect who you are with your chats and groups thanks to WhatsApp, which will automatically develop your own sticker pack based on the set avatar under WhatsApp Settings.
Voice Status updates:
- This feature let you upload your recorded voice note on your WhatsApp status. You can also choose a background color for the voice note and it shows up in the messages bubble.
New Sticker pack ‘Giannis & Family:
- This is an animated sticker pack to be released for all users created by Mario, Nomso, and STATE Design.
- Participants in the group will be able to share polls with the other group members using this function, which allows for the addition of around 12 alternatives. At the moment, only Android users can use this feature.
Do not disturb API – Missed calls:
- Do not disturb is enabled when a call is missed, and this event is automatically added to the conversation as well as soon after in the call history screen.
- Before sharing a document, we will be allowed to attach a caption to it so that we may give it a brief description.
WhatsApp added 7 new features to make chat more efficient
WhatsApp application is one of the most likely and vastly used among the users on all three major platforms including Android, iOS, and Desktop. And it is now time to experience the most in-demand features since the company has recently added some new features to WhatsApp.
Following are the 7 features that WhatsApp has added for you:
WhatsApp ability to undo ‘Delete for me’:
- With the help of this feature, you can retrieve messages deleted by mistake when you use ‘delete for me. Now you have a few seconds to use ‘undo’ so the deleted message is back. Notably, this feature is currently for iOS users only and may soon expand to Android and Desktop users too.
WhatsApp Create polls:
- With the help of this feature, group participants will be able to share polls with other members of the group, approx 12 options can be added. This feature is specific to Android users currently.
Who can see you’re online status:
- This feature will help you to manage who can see you are online, as per the new privacy setting for Android users, you can now stealth mode by deleting the string ‘online’.
WhatsApp ability to import backup:
- With the help of this feature, you can now import recent chats and media. This import backup feature will surely help you make a backup to your crucial and important chats and media.
Edit sent a message:
- Just like Telegram, you can use the feature of editing the sent text in WhatsApp. This will help to edit the mistyped message for the Desktop users.
WhatsApp Call countdown feature:
- WhatsApp is now placing the call, it would be annoying to wait for 3 seconds in order to place the calls. You can immediately place the call when you placed it by mistake without notifying the recipient.
WhatsApp to add account login approval feature
WhatsApp is a free chatting application that uses your phone’s data, and it gains around 2 billion users worldwide. Also, it has approx 5 billion installs from Google Play. The company isn’t stopping its services and testing a new feature for the users likewise, we come up with a new login approval feature info for Android users.
Yes! WhatsApp is currently working to bring a new feature to its billions of users worldwide, aiming to maintain and improve security for the users to provide extra safety to their personal data.
As per our respected source, WhatsApp roll out a new beta update that brings a new login approval feature for Android users. By this, you can receive in-app alerts when someone else is trying to log into their accounts.
The recent update for Android users can be known through the 18.104.22.168 build version.
What is new Login Approval feature for WhatsApp:
If someone tries to access their account due to an incorrect sharing of their 6-digit code, they will finally be able to refuse the login attempt. Because owner acceptance is now a must when someone requests to log in to your WhatsApp account.
This specific security warning also provides some more helpful information, such as the time and information about the other phone, likely the device model.
The arrival of this new feature is not yet scheduled by the company but stay tuned with us to get more and the latest info about WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is the most popular application gaining 2 billion active users worldwide, without spending anything on advertisements. Well, the above-mentioned users include only the smartphone and PC, as WhatsApp is not supported on the iPod and iPads. Alongside, WhatsApp is listed in the top 3 Android applications on the globe.
(Source: WabetaInfo )