Huawei comes with a touch related allows you to interact with the software and run your commands. However, there are different kinds of touch screen issues and bugs that could minimize the entire Huawei device user experience.
There could be various issues that could affect your Huawei phone’s touch screen interactions but if your phone’s display or tablet doesn’t work properly, such as by being responsive or insensitive, or jumping randomly then follow the instructions below.
Complete, insensitive, or partially responsive Touch screen issue:
- Make sure that you are using your device at room temperature. Touchscreens work best at ambient temperatures between 0 degrees and 35 degrees. Overly high or low temperatures may cause your device’s touchscreen to fail to work properly.
- Press and hold the Power button for more than 10 seconds to force restart your device, and then try again. If the issue persists, take your device and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.
Tip – Devices running EMUI 11.0, press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously for more than 10 seconds to force restart them.
Use the troubleshooting feature in the Service app to check for touchscreen issues.
- If the diagnosis indicates an issue with the screen, back up your data and take your device and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.
- If no issue is found, read on for further instructions.
Tip – The diagnosis items in the Service app may vary with device models.
Random jumps or ghost touches:
- If the issue occurs only when your device is charging in a certain place, the voltage of the power supply may be unstable. It’s recommended that you switch to a power supply with a stable voltage.
- If the issue occurs only when your device is charging via a third-party charger or data cable, replace the charger or data cable with a Huawei standard one. It’s also recommended that you remove the device’s protective case to address the issue.
- Ensure that there are no sources of electromagnetic fields nearby, such as microwaves or electromagnetic ovens. Otherwise, the touchscreen may jump randomly.
- Swipe down from the status bar to open the notification panel or search for and access NFC in Settings, and check whether NFC is enabled. If NFC is enabled, your device will automatically open certain apps when it detects NFC devices.
- Check whether a one-touch screen lock app is installed. Some third-party one-touch screen lock apps may be incompatible with your device’s lock screen, causing the screen to respond inaccurately. For example, the screen may jump to the lock screen or camera screen. In this case, uninstall these third-party screen lock apps.
If the issues continue:
Back up your important data and we recommend you to visit your nearest Huawei customer service center.
Huawei P30 Lite EMUI software bricked severely
A consumer has recently purchased Huawei P30 Lite and post unboxing it has received 3 back to back software updates. To be mentioned, the phone ships with EMUI 9.1 out of the box.
The user told us that these software updates have been installed successfully but the version upgrade to EMUI 10.0 wasn’t.
As per the user, EMUI 10.0.0.168 had a size of 3.99GB, which brings a number of new features to the smartphone. The update package has been downloaded and verified.
As the Huawei P30 Lite restarts the screen shows an EMUI installation failed message, which is usually seen in bricked phones. The issue appears when the phone failed to install EMUI software on Huawei devices.
Recovery doesn’t work:
Once occurred, Huawei phones have an option to download the recovery EMUI image. However, it is a major flaw that we’ve seen on many Huawei devices that this option is totally useless as it doesn’t work at all on any Huawei smartphone, once its EMUI kernel is bricked.
How does It happen?
The EMUI brick issue has been there for a long time, and we’ve seen several scenarios, where the user cannot do anything since the bootloader is locked. In this kind of situation, the consumer must have to visit Huawei customer care to get a resolution.
On the other side, we can assume that smartphone software brick issues could be related to user activity. As any accessive interaction might cause the device to disturb the installation procedure.
Huawei P30 Lite is an exceptional smartphone and consumers around the globe currently enjoying the latest EMUI 12 onboard. However, this story is quite terrifying and we hope that the user resolves it via the customer care center.
Huawei Mate 30 HarmonyOS 3 beta users having issues with sign in
Huawei announced the second batch for the HarmonyOS 3 beta update and Huawei Mate 30 is one of them. However, the phone users having issues with HarmonyOS 3, when accounts are logged in, also the 5G is not displayed.
Huawei has recently released the HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 beta for the Mate 30 users to give a new user experience. But users should understand that a vast change in your smartphone will definitely impact its system somehow.
Exactly that happens with the Mate 30 users, after they successfully update their Huawei Mate 30 with HarmonyOS 3 operating system. Afterwards, they stuck with login issues, alongside the beta feedback assistant cannot be opened.
HarmonyOS 3 beta update comes with a number of new features and improvements for more personalized, new service widgets, widget stacking, and a large folders.
Some users suggests to resolve the Hauwei account logged in, the 5G icon, and also the beta feedback assistant issue with the following instructions:
- Uninstall the HMS current version and then re-update it again
- Rollback the HarmonyOS 3 and take follow proper guidelines before updating.
We recommend users follow proper guidelines before updating the HarmonyOS 3 version on their smartphone. For your concern you can check the note mentioned below:
Make sure that your Mate 30 series is running over the HarmonyOS 184.108.40.2063 build version to grab the HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11. Additionally, we suggest that you make a backup of any crucial data.
After the upgrade, some third-party applications might not function properly. Update the apps to the most recent version from the Huawei App Store as a result.
The update also engages in a process of self-optimization and adaptability. This could cause your tablet to overheat, freeze, or charge slowly. But after a few days, it will return to normal.
Huawei P30 Pro user facing camera focus bug, blurry view and random crash
Huawei P30 Pro is one of the best flagships in the market, the phone not only comes with a great design but is also packed with an amazing quad camera system. The camera has its own specialty as it could take you farther than ever with its first in the world periscope zoom.
However, a user has recently reached us via Twitter and shared a major bug in the Huawei P30 Pro camera. According to the user, a Huawei P30 Pro camera bug continues to cause focus loss on the frame, while operating the camera app.
Also, the viewport is blurry due to no focused area selected on the view. Meanwhile, the user noted that the camera is working fine on an ultra-wide angle and macro modes.
However, focus loss is not the only bug because the camera app on Huawei P30 Pro also crashes randomly with a message that “cannot connect to camera” or freezes completely. This is quite a frustrating bug but there’s more.
Following these occurrences, the user reached out to customer care service, which confirmed that this could be a software issue and the user may have to wait for the next rollout.
After upgrading to EMUI 12?
There’s more to know, the user reported that the latest camera issues on his Huawei P30 Pro appeared right after upgrading to EMUI 12 version. However, the phone was working correctly on EMUI 11. Yet now, the downgrade from EMUI 12 to EMUI 11 won’t resolve this at all.
On a further note, the user has already cleared the cache of the camera app but the problem still persisted on his P30 Pro.
Yes, it seems a software bug and we have to wait until the problem resolves from Huawei’s end. Are you facing such camera issues on your Huawei P30 Pro after EMUI 12 upgrade? Let us know in the comment below.
Are you facing a camera focus issue on Huawei P30 Pro? #EMUI12
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) August 29, 2022