Huawei has started rolling out the HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta for its device consumers. And the day will arrive soon when the company will officially release the most-awaited operating system for Chinese smartphone and tablet users. Since there is still some time left in the launch of the next HarmonyOS 3.0, let’s talk about the HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta and its full technical changelog.
The Chinese tech giant has started pushing off the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta package for its smartphones and handy gadgets relying upon public beta activity. Meanwhile, Huawei fans are speeding up the process of enrolling their corresponding devices so that they can have early access to eye-catching features.
Aside from the consumer version, there’s also a list of changes and features that have been added for the developers in the first HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta. Therefore, it also has a separate technical HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta changelog along with lots of programming, framework, and IDE-related improvements over the past version of HarmonyOS.
Below we’ll explore the new features of the HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta.
HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta features [Full Changelog]
- Supporting JS / eTS SDK and Native SDK, it is recommended to use JS / eTS for application development.
- OpenHarmony SDK adds API Version 8 Release interface.
API Version 8: Functions
As per the information, the new beta pack will help in the development of applications, based on API Version 8. Consequently, it will bring support to JS /eTS programs that will give more options to design the applications and services accordingly.
This API Version 8 adds 2300+ JS /eTS API interfaces, enabling JS /eTS language development to cover 80% of the capability modules. It mainly includes the following elements:
- Based on the original touch screen input mode, it supports more interactive modes: keyboard as well as the mouse.
- Added columns, sidebars, rich text components, and animation effects (such as shared element cutscenes) to better support application development and motion development on widescreen devices.
- Add a series of application framework interfaces and corresponding toolchains. Supports the use of pure JS to implement the UI layout and business logic of the card.
- Added a series of event notification interfaces, supporting the most common types of notifications.
Addition of Optimized File & Network Management
- Added a series of distributed soft bus interfaces to support communication between applications (within the same device and across devices) using JS / eTS language.
- Added a series of media data management interfaces, optimized the media file processing (adding, deleting, and modifying) capabilities of local public directories and physical albums, and supported the processing of media file data through object-oriented methods (relative to URL methods).
- Added a series of network connection management interfaces to support unified management of local Wi-Fi and cellular data networks.
- Added a series of interfaces for graphics and image capabilities to provide basic capabilities for WebGL rendering. Moreover, developers can develop games and windowed applications based on WebGL.
- Use ArkCompiler to replace the V8, QuickJS engine.
- Added a series of task management interfaces to support long-term tasks. For instance, playing music in the background and navigation tasks.
- Added a series of DFX capability interfaces to support distributed tuning and call chaining. Further, it supports distributed business process management among multiple devices, as well as supports obtaining crash and stuck fault logs.
HarmonyOS 3 beta 3 is here for Huawei Mate Xs 2
Huawei Mate Xs 2 – the most flexible screen users can now opt for the ultimate HarmonyOS 3 new beta version. Huawei released the HarmonyOS 3 beta 3 for the Mate Xs 2 users with a number of optimization.
However, the patch also improves the stability of the internal system with more than 60 fixes. Therefore, a moderate-sized pack of security and optimization is moving toward your smart tablet.
Additionally, the update makes it easier to handle the device’s cleaning processes. This is the key component that the company is including in every device’s third beta deployment. The task card that continuously accumulates cache files and other useless data is what this cleaning management ultimately pertains to.
Before updating the new HarmonyOS 3 beta update on your Huawei Mate Xs 2 do note that your smartphone is running over the HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 build version to update over the HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 build version.
- Optimize the application task card cleaning function
- Incorporate the September 2022 security patch to enhance the phone
- Huawei Mate Xs 2 (PAL-AL00)
- Mate Xs 2 Collector’s Edition (PAL-AL00)
HarmonyOS 3 Beta 3:
The new HarmonyOS 3 beta version will bring you one step closer to its stable release. And it happened for the very first time with HarmonyOS 3 beta released with a security patch update.
Meanwhile, the September 2022 security patch helps your device to patch all the security gaps from the previous version of HarmonyOS 3 beta. We recommend you update this new version on your Huawei Mate Xs 2 smartphone as soon as it reaches your device.
Notably, the update will not delete or erase your data but it is still recommended that you back up all the important data on the close before the updating and confirm the backup content to some third parties.
Huawei HDC 2022 event postponed to November 4th
Today, Huawei has made some official statements regarding the 2022 Developer Conference and the upcoming HarmonyOS technology. Yes, after HarmonyOS 3.0 interface, something more surprising is going to hit the consumer surface soon.
The Chinese manufacturer has shared a post on its several Weibo channels and official sites for the 2022 Developer Conference. Accordingly, the news begins with an apology statement for delaying this thoughtful event for a few days more.
Yes! Initially, the company scheduled the event from October 21st to October 23rd. However, now the date has shifted one week ahead which is November 4th to November 6th. Though there is a change in the date, but that does not affect the ticket purchase rights.
Ahead, the company states that in the recent few years, Huawei and its partners have made genuine efforts to blaze a better life and user experience. Consequently, Huawei Developer Conference has remained a significant and constant proof of these efforts.
Undoubtedly, these efforts will continue in the time ahead.
New HarmonyOS technology with HDC 2022!
Huawei has also informed the 2022 Developer Conference will introduce new HarmonyOS technology. The Chinese tech maker hasn’t revealed much on this matter. However, the surety is that this dynamic tech will build a more convenient and effective development platform for the developers.
Besides, the company will share some innovative techniques and mechanisms in five major scenarios. For instance, smart homes, smart offices, audio-visual entertainment, smart travel, and sports health.
Further, there will be big coffee gatherings, rich developer activities, and various contests for showing skills. Events like the Huawei Hetu game, lakeside music festival, and more will also be a part of this iconic conference.
Here are the timings and venues for some prominent events:
Below you can check the concurrent plans (planned)
Conference Keynote: Introduction of innovative applications to build an efficient and easy-to-use developer platform.
- Time : October 21, 2022 (14:30 – 17:00)
- Venue: Dongguan Basketball Center
Developer Keynote: Revealment of convenient UI components, new program framework, high-end SDK, testing, listings, distribution, and operations, the experience of HarmonyOS application, and more.
- Time: October 22, 2022 [10:00 am]
- Venue: Dongguan Shongshan Lake Xiliu Beipo Village
Pine Lake Dialogue: Invite industry leaders to focus on HarmonyOS, HarmonyOS Connect, and other industry topics, and have a dialogue with the future.
- Time : October 22, 2022 [14:00 – 17:00]
- Venue: Hyatt Regency Dongguan Shongshan Lake
Yep! Huawei MatePad 11 users get HarmonyOS 3 beta 3 with September 2022 patch
Huawei recently released the HarmonyOS 3 beta 3 update for the Huawei MatePad 11 with a September 2022 security patch. The ability to protect any beta version with a monthly security patch guard is truly a wonderful step from Huawei.
Notably, the new version of HarmonyOS 3 for the Huawei MatePad 11 is updated over the current HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124/118 built version.
- HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
- Huawei MatePad 11 WiFi version (DBY-W09) users are compatible grab this new HarmonyOS 3 beta version.
HarmonyOS 3 beta 3 for MatePad 11 detailed changelog:
It optimizes the Smart multi-window feature experience: How this feature works
- This feature enables you to carry out unique gestures that improve device performance. Its ability to swipe and drag, access to floating windows, rapid reduction and maximization choices, and more.
Optimize the application task card cleaning function
- It helps to clean the function when your device is overloaded and subsequently starts to lag. However, if your device running memory storage space is insufficient, the app may freeze while being used by Huawei MatePad 11.
Optimize the system stability of some scenario
- The system layer security upkeep promises that the operating system functions properly and supports stable services on your tablet.
Incorporate the September 2022 security patch to enhance system security
- Well, the September 2022 security patch update for the devices brings a number of bugs and vulnerability fixes, to let the users give a better performance.
Huawei MatePad 11 users should note that the update will not erase your data, but it’s recommended to take a backup of all the essentials. Alongside this, due to their third-party status, some apps may not operate as intended following the upgrade. Do not panic, simply update those programs to the most recent version.