HarmonyOS 3.0 was launched at Huawei Developer Conference 2021, the company has also announced a number of different solutions for the development of this software including the API 7 that consist of many different APIs or application programming interfaces.
An API is a connection between computers or between computer programs. It is a type of software interface, offering a service to other pieces of software.
HarmonyOS 3.0 API Version 7 adds APIs to the ArkUI development framework, program framework, telephone service, media, and other features to provide developers with richer capabilities. The new ArkUI development framework, declarative paradigm syntax, supports free.
API 7 also adds 6000+ TS/JS APIs. In the future, TS/JS language will become more and more important in HarmonyOS application development.
JS UI is officially named ArkUI, and on the basis of the original JS-based extension of the Web-like development paradigm, a new release of the declarative development paradigm based on TS extensions supports TypeScript programming language, uses chain calls, provides decorators and MVVM capabilities, Support condition, loop rendering, lazy loading rendering, support custom components.
JS has added 5800+ API interfaces, covering multiple capability modules:
- A series of new event notification capability interfaces are added, which can realize normal notifications and notifications with buttons, support notification element setting capabilities, and support the sending and receiving of public events.
- A series of new telephone service capability interfaces are added to provide cellular network-based telephone service capabilities, including various modules such as SIM card, network search, SMS, cellular data, call management, and network management.
- Added a series of interfaces for user program framework capabilities, including obtaining application information, installing and uninstalling applications, obtaining system status and window status, etc.
- A series of new graphics and image capabilities interfaces are added to provide the basic capabilities of WebGL rendering. Developers can develop games and develop windowed applications based on WebGL.
- Add a series of interfaces with soft bus capability, provide RPC communication capability, and pull up FA remotely.
- A series of meta-capability interfaces have been added to provide the development capabilities of JS PA and the migration and circulation capabilities of FA.
- Added a series of interfaces for distributed data management capabilities to provide basic capabilities for RDB and KVStore databases.
- A series of new globalization capability interfaces have been added to provide time zone and language acquisition capabilities.
- Added a series of public basic library interfaces, providing Parcel, URL, codec library capabilities.
- Added interfaces for other capabilities, including upload and download progress acquisition, timing service, fileIO basic library, battery status, backlight brightness, distributed device list acquisition and online and offline notification, system and application account management, multi-threading mechanism, process management, Background task management, adding calendar/contacts, visual accessibility, face recognition, sensor management, WLAN management, Bluetooth management, NFC tag management, location information, etc.
Huawei P50 is getting HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 upgrade
The standard Huawei P50 is now receiving HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 software update in China. This update primarily optimizes system stability to make the flagship run smother and execute tasks on time. Huawei P50 users are recommended to install this software update as soon as it arrives.
This is another software update that Huawei is rolling out to improve this flagship device and deliver better to the consumers. However, the phone is only available for the Chinese market and Huawei P50 Pro has already on sale in the overseas market.
Coming to the details, Huawei P50 HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 software update could be downloaded by visiting Settings > System & updates > then tap on the Software update section, followed by the check for updates button. From here let the phone check for the available firmware version and fetch them down for you.
Be mentioned, Huawei P50 Pro in the global market comes with EMUI 12 software, which on the other hand, runs solely on HarmonyOS in China. According to previous details, Huawei P50 series phones could be the first ones to test HarmonyOS 3.0, when it comes out.
Talking about the standard Huawei P50, the phone features a flat panel display, and a powerful camera system consisting of two large circles to house the cameras. While the design of the phone remains intriguing in all aspects. The P50 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset but only with 4G connectivity.
(via – Huawei)
Huawei FreeBuds Pro is testing HarmonyOS 2.0
It’s reported that one of the most popular smart audio devices – Huawei FreeBuds Pro is now testing HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. A screenshot coming from a Chinese consumer shows a FreeBuds Pro firmware upgrade with the HarmonyOS build version.
According to the screenshot, version 188.8.131.526 is under testing with beta features and the update only has an OTA size of 2.89MB. The update has a big changelog. However, the Huawei support representative has a different angle on this matter, the representative is unaware of this firmware version and reveals that the latest Huawei FreeBuds Pro software version is 184.108.40.2066.
Huawei Audio Service Widget:
After opening the Control Panel, you’ll find the audio control center, which will help you to quickly switch between multiple devices with one tap.
The latest feature is supported by the following devices:
- FreeBuds 4
- FreeBuds 4E
- FreeBuds Pro
- FreeBuds Lipstick
- FreeBuds Studio
- Smart Glasses
Here’s how to update your FreeBuds Pro:
Connet your FreeBuds Pro devices to a HarmonyOS powered by, then open Huawei AppGallery, then tap on My, and then on Update management. From here tap on Audio Manager and Smart Life App. Tap on an update to update the application.
To update the latest Audio service on your phone’s home screen visit Settings > Bluetooth Settings and then tap on Audio Services, followed by Add to Home Screen option.
(via – ithome)
HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global Huawei smartphones?
Huawei has its fully-owned operating system – HarmonyOS, which offers a bunch of new features in comparison to the EMUI software. The operating system was designed to work across different platforms including an extra edge of functionality in smartphone devices. In the current scenario, the Chinese tech maker is pursuing the HarmonyOS 2.0 version and continuously enhancing it by releasing new software update versions.
Now, Huawei is planning to reveal the next version of the HarmonyOS operating system – HarmonyOS 3.0. This new version will surely come up with some advanced features for smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and other adapted platforms. However, it was also reported that the upcoming Mate 50 series could arrive with a pre-installed HarmonyOS 3.0.
At Huawei Developer Conference (HDC), the Chinese tech maker announced HarmonyOS 3.0. Although, the tech firm has not revealed any specific details on the user interface but we’re aware that Huawei has focused on the performance part this time and wants to rollout this software version on most of the devices.
Currently, Huawei has not announced the rollout of HarmonyOS 3.0 or its testing but the developer preview roadmap of this software suggests that it could come somewhere in July. Still, a confirmation is awaited.
Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 for global users:
Meanwhile, many consumers of Huawei devices asked us, whether Huawei is planning to launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for the global Huawei smartphone owners? To answer that, we should look at some facts that have appeared previously on the ground.
Huawei currently treats HarmonyOS 2.0 as the Chinese consumer-based operating system, especially for smartphones. The company has told us in a statement that it has no plans to roll this out to global smartphone users and continues to push EMUI as the lead smartphone software.
Meanwhile, Huawei consumers are taking on EMUI 12 as their prime operating system and receiving it via OTA software update. Looking at the fact that HarmonyOS 2.0 is not coming to the global market, Huawei has made some changes in the core EMUI user interface and brought it much closer to its Chinese counterpart.
However, confirmation is still awaited on whether HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global consumers.
So what do you think, HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for the global consumers? Let us know via the poll below.
Will Huawei launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for global consumers?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) May 15, 2022