EMUI 10 was announced at Huawei Developer Conference 2019 (HDC). Following this release, Huawei announced the EMUI 10 beta rollouts for the Huawei P30 series devices.
Compared to its predecessor, EMUI 10 delivers faster performance, new UX design including Magazine Style UI layout, Morandi Colors, Dark Mode, Golden Icons, New Animations, New dark mode as well as improved privacy features.
Early 2020, Huawei unveiled the Huawei P40 series, pre-installed with EMUI 10.1, a step-up version of EMUI 10 with added new features. EMUI 10.1 comes with new features such as multi-window multi-tasking, multi-device collaboration, multi-device browsing, new smart features, and more.
On September 10, 2020, at HDC 2020 Huawei launched EMUI 11, it brings new smart Always on Display, improved multi-window mode, smoother animations, better multi-screen collaboration, and more.
To be mentioned, the rollout of EMUI 11 and Magic UI 4 has now been completed, across the globe. However, you can check all of the eligible devices linked below.
Officially Confirmed = These devices are receiving EMUI 11.
Not Confirmed = Waiting for eligibility confirmation and rollout.
EMUI 11 Eligible Devices:
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche design (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 X (5G) (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 X (4G) (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 Porsche RS (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate X (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate Xs (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 Pro+ (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P30 Pro New Edition (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 7 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 6 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 6 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 5T (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 7 SE (Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 4G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad 10.8 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Series (Officially Confirmed)
Honor Devices for Magic UI 4:
- Honor 30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 30 Pro+ (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 30 Youth Edition/Honor 30 Lite
- Honor V30/View30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor V30 Pro/View30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor V20 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 20 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 20 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor Magic 2 (Officially Confirmed)
- Some of the devices in the list is yet to confirm officially and will be updated as we receive new information.
Huawei P40 August 2022 EMUI update rolling out for global users
We are in the third week of August, and Huawei has started distributing the freshly released security patch to its high-class smartphone lineup. At this moment, the company has rolled out the August 2022 EMUI update for the Huawei P40 smartphone users in the global market.
It’s been a few days since the company started dispatching the latest security patch among its devices. To begin with, Huawei gave the chance to Mate 40 Pro users to experience the new improvements and fixes by pushing off the latest update.
In that manner, the P40 smartphone is the second Huawei device to attain the August 2022 EMUI update. Users residing in the global region can identify the update with version 188.8.131.528 (C432E5R4P5). Besides, you have to download a software package of 364MB to install the new EMUI 12 firmware.
On reading the changelog, we only find the presence of the August 2022 security patch. However, the update still proves to be beneficial as the respective patch brings fixes to 12 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities.
Aside, the newly released security patch also mends the video framework, improves the functioning of the My Huawei app, and optimizes the AOD lock screen module. Therefore, we recommend the corresponding device owners install the update as soon as it knocks on the doors of your notification panel.
How to install the latest security update?
Although the company has started pushing the firmware update through the OTA method in the region. Yet, you have the choice to jump into the update section of your device and download the update manually.
For doing so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Settings
- Scroll down and select System & Updates
- Tap on Software Updates
- Click on Check for Updates option
- Let the device finish the search for an appropriate update
- Press the Download & Install tab
If these steps don’t work out then you can also request the My Huawei app for updates. Just open the app > Updates > Download & Install.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
|| Source ||
EMUI 13 to bring new large folders sizes
EMUI 12 is currently expanding but we now have to move towards the next version – EMUI 13. Yes, a new EMUI version is what global Huawei consumers have been waiting for since the company has already released HarmonyOS 3.0 for Chinese users.
Speaking of HarmonyOS 3.0, EMUI 13 should borrow a new functionality from HarmonyOS 3.0 for its large folders. So, what’s new in HarmonyOS 3.0 for large folders?
The EMUI 12 version of large folders currently supports a 3×3 (row and column) layout but in HarmonyOS 3.0, Huawei has added new layout options that we want to see in EMUI 13.
In addition to the 3×3 layout, Huawei has added two new layout sizes including the 3×1 for smartphones and 3×6 layouts for large screen devices such as tablets.
Yes, while overcoming a single option, Huawei should bring more functionality with EMUI 13 large folders.
Large Folder is a brand new concept that allows you to manage your phone’s home screen applications. Why Large Folders, when we already have app folders? Well, a Large folder is not a regular folder feature.
Instead, it’ll have some amazing effects, such as you can group apps under a folder that is big, not only that but you can also tap and open any corresponding app without opening the folder first. That’s how it works.
Most interestingly you won’t conduct any special instructions to use large folders because it’s just a bigger version of on-screen app folders. Tap on any folder and choose Enlarge to make it a large folder. Or tap and hold the same large folder and select Shrink to shrink it.
Large folders help you to organize the EMUI home screen with clear and conscious app grouping. While the entire feature enables you to focus on a section that you really want to launch.
We’re looking forward to EMUI 13 and what’s new it brings for the large folders, while there’s no official date has been announced for the launch.
Huawei EMUI August 2022 Updates List
We are stepping in the second week of August 2022, and Huawei has begun unfolding the new EMUI-based firmware updates. After, wrapping up the grand HarmonyOS 3.0 event, the company has again turned itself to its regular EMUI update distribution process.
Apart from the security improvements, the company has released some major EMUI software updates for eligible devices. So far, these devices include some unexpected members of the Huawei product family. For instance the P Smart series, Mate 10 series, and Y9 Prime smartphones.
In this long run of software updates, Huawei has also unveiled the August 2022 EMUI security patch which is the standard solution for bugs and issues. The respective patch fixes a good number of vulnerabilities of the device and makes the security system more efficient for the users.
For the moment, the company is busy dispatching the July 2022 EMUI patch for smart gadgets across the globe. And with the upcoming firmware updates, Huawei will deliver the August 2022 security updates and will release them for the devices running on the EMUI system.
So Huawei fans, to keep your device up-to-date, we recommend installing the latest software to your respective handy gadgets. However, it might now be possible to catch every info regarding new updates here and there. Hence, we are here with this thoughtful article that will bring you the daily report of new updates.
Huawei EMUI August 2022 Updates:
August 15, 2022
- EMUI July 2022 update is now live for Huawei P Smart 2021
- The EMUI 12-based July 2022 security patch is making its way to the Huawei P40 Lite smartphone users in the European markets. Check out what’s new with this update. Read More
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro users become the first and foremost to receive EMUI August 2022 security update. The latest firmware is rolling out in the Middle East markets for the moment and will gradually move to other regions.
- Breaking: Stable EMUI 12 rolling out for Huawei P Smart Z. [Changelog]
August 12, 2022
- Heir of the P series – the Huawei P50 smartphone is receiving the July 2022 EMUI security update in Europe. The update improves the overall system of the device and brings more stability.
August 09, 2022
- Huawei has started expanding the Nova 5T July 2022 EMUI security update with version 184.108.40.206 in the global market.
August 08, 2022
- Huawei is working to expand the EMUI 12 update for its old flagship devices. At this moment, the company is rolling out the EMUI software for Mate 10 Pro smartphone users. Read More
August 06, 2022
- Huawei started expanding the EMUI 12 software update for the P Smart 2019 smartphone users for more global users. [Changelog]
- Huawei Nova 5T users have begun collecting the EMUI July 2022 security update in Europe. The update brings a bunch of improvements and enhances the overall system of the device.
August 05, 2022
- The clamshell-designed Huawei P50 Pocket foldable started receiving the July 2022 EMUI security patch update in West Europe and France market.
August 04, 2022
- Huawei is working to expand the recently released July 2022 security patch fixes to the Nova 7 5G smartphone users. The latest patch is arriving on the EMUI 12 surface with the 220.127.116.11 version.
August 03, 2022
- Huawei is expanding the July 2022 security update for the Nova 5T smartphone users in Europe. The company has recently rolled out the respective patch in the region and now has started to gradually expand it for more users.
- Huawei has started the expansion of the major EMUI 12 software update for the P30 Lite smartphone users across the globe. [Features]
- Huawei is rolling out the June 2022 security patch for the Nova 7i smartphone in the Asian and Australian markets. Read More
August 02, 2022
- Huawei has begun expanding the July 2022 security update for the Mate 40 Pro smartphone running on the EMUI system in Europe.
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable smartphone is now receiving the July 2022 security patch with EMUI software update. The update is hovering in the global market with new improvements for the system. Read More
- Huawei has started rolling out the first EMUI update for the sleek-looking smartphone – Nova Y70. The budget-friendly device is gaining new firmware with a handful of optimizations for the optical part and the internal system. [Changelog]
August 01, 2022
- Huawei has started distributing the July 2022 EMUI security update for the Huawei Mate 40 Pro smartphone. The update is approaching the Europe region with the 18.104.22.1680 build version. Read More