EMUI 10 was announced at Huawei Developer Conference 2019 (HDC). Following this release, Huawei announced the EMUI 10 beta rollouts for the Huawei P30 series devices.
Compared to its predecessor, EMUI 10 delivers faster performance, new UX design including Magazine Style UI layout, Morandi Colors, Dark Mode, Golden Icons, New Animations, New dark mode as well as improved privacy features.
Early 2020, Huawei unveiled the Huawei P40 series, pre-installed with EMUI 10.1, a step-up version of EMUI 10 with added new features. EMUI 10.1 comes with new features such as multi-window multi-tasking, multi-device collaboration, multi-device browsing, new smart features, and more.
On September 10, 2020, at HDC 2020 Huawei launched EMUI 11, it brings new smart Always on Display, improved multi-window mode, smoother animations, better multi-screen collaboration, and more.
To be mentioned, the rollout of EMUI 11 and Magic UI 4 has now been completed, across the globe. However, you can check all of the eligible devices linked below.
Officially Confirmed = These devices are receiving EMUI 11.
Not Confirmed = Waiting for eligibility confirmation and rollout.
EMUI 11 Eligible Devices:
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche design (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 X (5G) (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 X (4G) (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 Porsche RS (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate X (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate Xs (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 Pro+ (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P30 Pro New Edition (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 7 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 6 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 6 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 5T (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 7 SE (Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 4G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad 10.8 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Series (Officially Confirmed)
Honor Devices for Magic UI 4:
- Honor 30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 30 Pro+ (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 30 Youth Edition/Honor 30 Lite
- Honor V30/View30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor V30 Pro/View30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor V20 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 20 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 20 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor Magic 2 (Officially Confirmed)
- Some of the devices in the list is yet to confirm officially and will be updated as we receive new information.
Huawei EMUI September 2021 Updates List
This month, Huawei released September 2021 EMUI security updates details ahead of time and continues to expand previously released patches. Currently, the rollout of June and July updates are on the move.
Last month, Huawei also revealed its new EMUI version – EMUI 12, but this new software remains under massive confusion or the global Huawei device owners. The EMUI 12 replicates the same feel of the HarmonyOS 2.0 user interface but clarification on its base software is still unsolved.
On the other hand, the Chinese tech maker is rapidly increasing the number of HarmonyOS powered devices, just recently, the company has crossed 90 million HarmonyOS installations in China alone.
This is quite an achievement, yet, it would be interesting if Huawei gives the same treatment for its global device owners that could further lead this number to new heights.
Amid these discussions, the wagon of regular EMUI software and security patches continues. Therefore, the Chinese phone maker keeps sending new upgrades to the Huawei phone users to improve their models.
With Huawei EMUI September 2021 Updates list, we will keep full track of all the security and feature-packed updates rolling out for Huawei devices in September 2021 and brief you about them.
Note: This list of devices will be regularly updated
Huawei EMUI September 2021 updates:
September 20, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 5T getting September 2021 update rolling out after Huawei skips the August 2021 patch for this smartphone.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 smartwatch getting new features additions with the first beta rollout. Read more about this news here.
September 19, 2021:
- Huawei MediaPad M5 tablet was released in 2018 and now this device is getting new apps as well as feature enhancements in the global market.
- Huawei Y9 2019 receiving new software update with new apps and security updates.
- Honor 9X Pro and Honor 10 Lite getting new software updates in the global market that installs June and July 2021 software updates.
September 17, 2021:
- New apps and features were released for the Huawei Nova 3i smartphone.
September 16, 2021:
- Following the so-called patch rollout, the P30 Lite is also receiving the July 2021 security patch with the latest rollout.
September 15, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 and Watch GT 2e grabbing a new software update in the global markets that brings new feature improvements for better performance.
September 14, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro with EMUI 11 getting July 2021 security patch.
September 12, 2021:
- New Firmware optimizations rolling out for the Huawei Watch GT 2 with September 2021 firmware update.
September 11, 2021:
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro getting Super Device support in China.
September 10, 2021:
- July 2021 security update is now rolling out for the Huawei Mate 10 Pro in the global market.
September 8, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting July 2021 security patch.
September 7, 2021:
- Huawei P40 Lite getting July 2021 security patch for improved system security.
September 6, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 3 gets a new update with a number of new apps and a May 2021 security patch, that improves system security and provides a new user experience.
September 3, 2021:
- Huawei Band 6 Pro getting new optimizations for better performance.
September 2, 2021:
- Huawei FreeLace Pro wireless neckband earphones receiving new Bluetooth optimizations.
September 1, 2021:
- Huawei P30 Lite New Edition is receiving July 2021 security update for improved system security.
- Honor 20 Youth Edition gets the first September 2021 security update.
Huawei Nova 5T September 2021 update rolling out, skips August patch
The 48MP AI quad rear camera phone – Huawei Nova 5T is receiving the September 2021 security update. This new rollout also makes the skip of the August security patch and it’s a really important step toward the phone’s security perspective by keeping it update to date.
According to Huaweiblog, the Huawei Nova 5T September 2021 security update comes with EMUI 11 version 22.214.171.124 and a software package size of 174 megabytes. This software rollout is currently noted inside Germany (Europe) but may soon expand for more users.
This treatment is significant because it wasn’t even delivered to the flagship phones – Huawei P40 and Mate 40 series. However, the Chinese models with HarmonyOS 2.0 already completed such installation.
The latest Nova 5T EMUI 11 incremental update comes with several fixes for the security flaws in the system and allows users to safely keep all of the device’s data.
(image source – Huaweiblog.de)
Nova 5T EMUI 12:
With these fast rollouts and releases, Huawei seemingly preparing the Nova 5T for the next major software update but there’s no official confirmation available on this matter at the moment.
Huawei Nova 5T:
This phone comes with a powerful hardware configuration that includes Kirin 980 processor, quad AI rear camera, a 32MP selfie camera, and more.
How to download the Nova 5T:
You can download the latest Huawei Nova 5T update via Settings. To do this, open system settings, visit System & updates, thereafter, the users will have to push “Check for updates” followed by the corresponding update check. If an update is available, you can click “Download and Install”.
However, you must remember to keep a backup of your data to prevent the loss of important files on your device. Furthermore, keep an adequate level of battery backup on your phone to prevent battery outage during the installation. Once started, it may take some time to process the update and install it on the device.
Honor 9X Pro and 10 Lite receiving June and July 2021 security respectively
Honor 9X Pro and Honor 10 Lite are receiving new software updates that bring June and June 2021 security patches respectively. These two phones are one of the top budget phones released by the company, still, they are still well handled by the consumers.
According to the changelog, the latest Honor 9X Pro security update comes with EMUI 126.96.36.199 with an upgrade package size of 104MB. On the other hand, the Honor 10 Lite getting EMUI 10.0.0.297 and a downloadable size of 326MB.
Following its launch, Honor 9X Pro has not received not even a single major upgrade for the global market. Therefore, it still runs EMUI 9.1 software system, yet the Chinese version already has been upgraded by EMUI 10.1. Meanwhile, the Honor 10 Lite runs EMUI 10.0.
Thanks to the tipsters 😉
Both of these phones are eligible for HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system and testing this software in China. Still, the HarmonyOS remains under Chinese territory and there’s no confirmation about its global release at the moment.
Aside from these, there are few things that you should know before you move to upgrade. These are: Maintain enough space on your phone’s storage, keep an optimum battery level, backup files to prevent any unnecessary data loss.
Download via Settings:
- Open Settings
- Click on the System & updates
- Open Software update
- Tap on Check for updates option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
Download via Support app:
- Open the Support app on your device
- Go to the Service tab
- Click on the update button
- Tap on Check for update option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
- This update is currently rolling out in India.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- The update will not erase any data.