EMUI 10 was announced at Huawei Developer Conference 2019 (HDC). Following this release, Huawei announced the EMUI 10 beta rollouts for the Huawei P30 series devices.
Compared to its predecessor, EMUI 10 delivers faster performance, new UX design including Magazine Style UI layout, Morandi Colors, Dark Mode, Golden Icons, New Animations, New dark mode as well as improved privacy features.
Early 2020, Huawei unveiled the Huawei P40 series, pre-installed with EMUI 10.1, a step-up version of EMUI 10 with added new features. EMUI 10.1 comes with new features such as multi-window multi-tasking, multi-device collaboration, multi-device browsing, new smart features, and more.
On September 10, 2020, at HDC 2020 Huawei launched EMUI 11, it brings new smart Always on Display, improved multi-window mode, smoother animations, better multi-screen collaboration, and more.
To be mentioned, the rollout of EMUI 11 and Magic UI 4 has now been completed, across the globe. However, you can check all of the eligible devices linked below.
Officially Confirmed = These devices are receiving EMUI 11.
Not Confirmed = Waiting for eligibility confirmation and rollout.
EMUI 11 Eligible Devices:
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche design (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 X (5G) (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 X (4G) (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20 Porsche RS (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate X (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate Xs (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 Pro+ (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei P30 Pro New Edition (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 7 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 6 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 6 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 5T (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 7 SE (Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 4G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MatePad 10.8 (Officially Confirmed)
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Series (Officially Confirmed)
Honor Devices for Magic UI 4:
- Honor 30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 30 Pro+ (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 30 Youth Edition/Honor 30 Lite
- Honor V30/View30 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor V30 Pro/View30 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor V20 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 20 (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor 20 Pro (Officially Confirmed)
- Honor Magic 2 (Officially Confirmed)
- Some of the devices in the list is yet to confirm officially and will be updated as we receive new information.
Huawei P30 Lite is receiving April 2022 security update (EMUI 10.0)
Huawei P30 Lite is testing EMUI 12 software update under the beta testing program and soon, the company will begin sending this update via stable channels. In the meantime, Huawei P30 Lite users are receiving April 2022 EMUI security update, which enhances their phone’s software security.
Huawei is sending April 2022 EMUI 10.0.0.562 update for P30 Lite consumers around the globe but you can go to the Settings to get this update on your Huawei device. To do that, open Settings, then head towards System & updates > from here you need to tap on Software updates and follow the on-screen instructions. Alternatively, you can also get this software update via the My Huawei app and then update services.
Aside from the EMUI 10.0 users, P30 Lite consumers can also participate in the EMUI 12.0 beta program, which allows them to test the latest features ahead of the official and full release. EMUI 12 installs new functionalities such as Control Panel, Notification Panel, improved performance, better task handling as well a new user interface that is intriguing from its core.
Still, Huawei is working to bring this software update to all of the P30 Lite consumers but we’ll have to wait to see that happen.
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in April 2022 for improved system security.
Thanks to the tipster – Ben for this amazing tip
Huawei P30 Lite:
Huawei P30 Lite equips a triple rear camera system including a 24MP+8MP+2MP Triple rear camera with ultra-wide-angle f/1.8 aperture, f/2.4 aperture, and f/2.4 aperture. On the front side, this phone brings a 32MP camera with an AI selfie f/2.0 aperture.
The phone sports a 6.15-inch FHD multi-touch capacitive touchscreen with 2312 x 1080 pixels resolution. The phone has 4GB of RAM and sufficient storage that could expand further with the help of a microSD card. This phone is packed with a 3340mAh battery that could recharge with an 18W superfast charger.
Huawei Y7a getting EMUI 10.1.1.246 April 2022 update
Huawei Y7a smartphone is now receiving new security patches released in April. The phone has currently run EMUI 10.1 but the company has not confirmed EMUI 12 slot for this device in the current scenarios. Meanwhile, it’s recommended for you install the latest Huawei Y7a EMUI 10.1.1.246 update to get enhanced security features.
As we look into the changelog, Huawei Y7a April 2022 update has EMUI version 10.1.1.246 and it could be downloaded from the Update settings. Once loaded, the software update will install the latest software improvements and your phone will take some time to get them on board.
As of now, the software update is released in batches and may take some time to reach your Huawei Y7a device. However, we suggest you keep an eye on the update section to download it.
Huawei Y7a comes with a 6.67-inch FHD+ display and a 5000mAh battery that could recharge with 22.5W super-fast charging technology. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that could unlock your phone in an instant. ON the other hand, it ensures sufficient processing and storage thanks to the 4GB RAM + 64GB/128GB storage combination.
Huawei Y7a is powered by Kirin 710A processor with octa-core chip architecture including 4 x Cortex-A73 Based 2.0 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A53 Based 1.7 GHz alongside Mali G51-MP4 GPU. The phone packs with EMUI 10.1.
May 2022 EMUI 12 security update rollout begins
We’re in the middle of May and Huawei continuously rolling out EMUI 12 software upgrades for old Huawei smartphones. While the rollout of EMUI 12 goes steady, the tech firm is simultaneously sending new security updates for the devices that have already been upgraded with this new EMUI version.
According to the information coming from Huaweiblog, Huawei has started sending the May 2022 security update for Huawei Mate 40 Pro smartphone in the global market running EMUI 12 software. This is a new development that will surely improve the user experience of the Huawei Mate 40 Pro smartphone and enhance its phone security.
Talking about the software version, Huawei Mate 40 Pro May 2022 security update comes with EMUI version 184.108.40.2066 and an update package size of 320 megabytes. However, the update size and package version may vary depending on the market.
You can check the changelog of this update mentioned below.
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in May 2022 for improved system security.
How to update your phone with May 2022 EMUI security update
To download this software update you need to open Settings > then head towards System & updates > from here you can tap on Software updates and here you can download and install the latest firmware on your Huawei Mate 40 Pro.
However, you should know that you need to wait for a few minutes to let your phone check and install the latest available firmware version.
Last month, Huawei sent April 2022 security update for this flagship model. However, there have been no other changes found in the changelog. This update had also improved the system stability in certain scenarios to run this phone smoother as compared to the last firmware.
Why you should install this update?
The update will give you better system security and safe keep your data from malicious software