Huawei is expanding the EMUI 9.1 update rollout for the Mate 20 series to more countries, now the update is available in the UK. The update is also rolling in Bulgaria.
The EMUI 9.1 is built on top of Android 9 Pie and installs new user-friendly interface, new UI design, features including GPU Turbo 3.0, AI Assitant and many more.
The update also includes the Moon Mode only for Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20 X, powered by Artificial Intelligence, which helps the camera to recognizes and optimizes details within an image to help individuals take better photos of the moon.
Huawei Mate 20 series receiving EMUI versions 18.104.22.1680 (C432E10R1P16) and the size of this update is over 4GB. We’ve confirmed that this update rolling out in multiple countries and will expand to more countries.
EMUI 22.214.171.124 update for Honor Play 3e installs improvements
Huawei is rolling out an EMUI 126.96.36.199 update for the Honor Play 3e smartphone that comes with a number of new optimizations for a better user experience.
For your information, Honor Play 3e was launched in 2019 and it’s a handy device that is packed with a 5.71-inch screen with a hole punch design, a 3020mAh battery, a single rear 13MP camera, and a 5MP selfie camera.
Despite the fact that the phone is still running EMUI 9.1 and the company keeps on sending new software updates for the Honor Play 3e, which is quite impressive.
Honor Play 3e with model KSA-AL10 is getting a new software update with EMUI to build version 188.8.131.52, upgrading from EMUI 184.108.40.206. The changelog reveals that the phone is getting a new Petal Light Tour app as well as new network optimizations as well as system stability improvements for Honor Play 3e.
To be mentioned, this is not the only old smartphone to get these new improvements as there are other EMUI 9.1 devices incorporated with such ability.
Below you can check the changelog:
- Added a quick download icon for the Petal Light Tour app, click it to download and use it directly. Note: If the “Automatically update apps” in the app market is set to “On” or “Only under Wi-Fi”, it will be updated according to the network.
- Network conditions automatically download applications, no need to click)
- Optimize system stability in some scenarios.
Below you can check the update notes:
- Make sure you phone is not rooted. You can upgrade to EMUI 220.127.116.11 via OTA.
- This update is rolling out in batches and users who have not received it yet, please wait patiently.
- This update will not delete your data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to the PC or the cloud (please do not back up to the internal storage space of the phone) before the upgrade, and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- After the upgrade, the system will perform self-optimization, which may cause the phone to generate some heat, fast power consumption, freezing, or slow charging. It will return to normal after 2-3 days. It is recommended to charge the phone with the screen off for over 2 hours after the upgrade is complete (it is best to charge it overnight with the screen off), and then restart the phone to ensure that the mobile phone application is quickly adapted.
- After the update is complete, the system will restart, please wait patiently for about five minutes.
Huawei FreeBuds SE gets new Bluetooth improvements
Huawei is rolling out a new software update for the FreeBuds SE earbuds in the global market, as this new firmware comes with Bluetooth improvements for a better connectivity experience.
According to the information, Huawei FreeBuds SE is getting a new firmware version 18.104.22.168, and an update package size of 0.99 megabytes. Huawei seeds this software to improve the connectivity experience between the phone and the earbuds, so you get interrupted from music listening.
Improved Bluetooth connection stability.
It was August 2022, when this pair of Huawei FreeBuds SE received its last software update including system stability and Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
It’s recommended for Huawei FreeBuds SE earbuds users download the latest firmware with important Bluetooth optimizations. To do so, visit the AI Life app and then select FreeBuds SE and check for the latest firmware. Note that the update package transfer may take some time.
Huawei FreeBuds SE:
This set of earbuds comes with a lightweight and semi-in-ear design that fits perfectly in your ear and reduces pressure on the ear canal. It has three different sizes of silicon ear tips.
FreeBuds SE provides a long-lasting battery that could stand up to 6 hours on a single charge and up to 24 hours with the charging box.
Huawei FreeBuds Se comes with smart features and gesture support such as double tap, and swipe for easy interaction.
(via – Huaweiailes)
Huawei MatePad 10.4 tablet gets December 2022 patch
According to the information, Huawei MatePad 10.4 is getting the December 2022 software upgrade for model number BAH4-W39 in China. However, the global models may also get a new firmware version soon.
Also, the Huawei MatePad 10.4 is also a part of the HarmonyOS 3 upgrade schedule. However, it’s not yet included in the beta activity.
Below you can check the update notes of this software rollout.
1. Make sure your device is not rooted Otherwise you won’t receive a new software build. Also, you have to upgrade to the latest software version.
2. The version is released in batches. In order to meet fast upgrades, you can check the latest software update via the System settings option. Or visit the My Huawei app to request a new version.
3. This software update won’t erase your phone’s data but it is still recommended that you back up important files to prevent any unwanted data loss.
4. We suggest you charge up the battery level for an uninterrupted installation experience.
5. After the upgrade procedure, the device will self-optimize the performance, which may cause heat increment, fast power consumption, or slow charging, which will settle within a few days after installation.