EMUI 12 for Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 still expanding, will get EMUI 13?
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 is an important device and the company keeps on rolling out new softwares for this martphone including the EMUI 12. Owners of this phone lost their hopes of getting a new major transition but by the end of last year, Huawei shocked them all by announcing its eligibility over EMUI 12.
Back in July, Huawei began to rollout EMUI 12 for Y9 Prime 2019. Since then, Huawei started expanding it for more smartphones. This new software brings major new changes to the smartphone as it upgrades from EMUI 10 to EMUI 12. Yes, the device skipped EMUI 10.1 and 11 because it wasn’t eligible to grab these softwares.
As compared to EMUI 10, Huawei installs new user interface features such as control panel, notification panel, animations, large folders, system perfomance improvements and better system security. There are new options to manage interconnected devices that wasn’t available before.
EMUI 13 is also on the horizon but Huawei has not confirmed Y9 Prime 2019 smartphone’s slot for the upgrade roadmap.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 users can download this software update by going into Settings > tap on System & updates and then tap on Software updates to fetch the latest firmware rollout. Speaking of which, we suggest you to make a backup of important files to prevent unwated data loss.
Thanks to the tipster – Asiri
EMUI 12 changelog for Huawei Y9 Prime 2019.
This update introduces EMUI 12, providing you with an intuitive interface, a multi-device section in the Control Pane, and various useful functions.
- Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make it easier to access the apps inside.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps.
- Allows you to easily multitask in split screen mode and send messages in a floating window while watching videos or gaming. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and hold the screen to display the multi-window dock. Press and hold an app icon in the Dock and drag it to the side of the screen to share the screen. Alternatively, tap an app icon to view it in a floating window. You can later minimize the floating window to a floating bubble for easier access later.
Smart Life in All Scenarios
- Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
- Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats. Note: MeeTime is only available in certain countries and regions:https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00956296/
- In the Discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories using preinstalled templates, special effects, and background music. The video editing features have been streamlined and provide further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
- This update will not delete your personal information. However, it is recommended to back up important data before updating.
- Some third-party apps that are not compatible with EMUI 12 may not work properly after updating. It is recommended to update these apps to the latest version in the app store.
- If you encounter problems during the update, call Huawei customer hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center.
- The home screen layout may be changed slightly.
- The system version can be rolled back to the official version EMUI 10 in HiSuite. If you roll back the system version, all your personal data will be deleted. Therefore, back up your data beforehand.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
- For more functions, see Tips.
- After the update, the Wi-Fi Calling feature will be disabled for certain SIM cards by default. If needed, you can turn it on manually in Settings > Cellular network > Cellular data.