Launched in October, Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro comes with various new features and there is also an ECG version of this smartwatch, that is now available to reserve. Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro ECG model is priced at 2688 yuan ($410) and will be on sale starting December 21 in China alongside the standard Huawei Mate 40.
What’s ECG Feature?
ECG can record your heartbeat and rhythm using the electrical heart sensor built on the smartwatch. Then check the recording for atrial fibrillation (AFib), a form of irregular rhythm.
The ECG records an electrocardiogram which represents the electrical pulses that make your heartbeat. The ECG checks these pulses to get your heart rate and see if the upper and lower chambers of your heart are in rhythm. If they’re out of rhythm, that could be AFib.
Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro Specifications:
Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro ECG sports a 1.39-inch display touch screen display with sapphire glass. The body of this smartwatch is made of Titanium alongside two physical steel keys on the right.
The Watch GT 2 Pro offers 32MB of RAM, 4GB internal storage, GPS, and 5ATM water resistance. It packs with a 455mAh battery to deliver battery life up to 12 days. The Kirin A1 chip inside the watch ensures high performance and incredibly low power consumption and Bluetooth 5.1 for connection purposes.
It equips with features such as stress monitoring and SpO2 level measuring, the Watch GT 2 Pro is a constant health companion and will help in ensuring that users have an active and healthy lifestyle throughout with over 100 workout modes.
New workout modes including Skiing, Cross Country Skiing, Snowboarding, and Golf Driving Range helps you to kee. These join the existing range to provide users with real-time performance tracking and analyses for professional sports.
Major software features update rolling out for Huawei Watch 3
Wow, Huawei has now released a new software update for the Huawei Watch 3 series that brings major features. This update comes a month after the last rollout that also had a very big changelog lots of new features for this HarmonyOS powered smartwatch.
This new major software features update for the Huawei Watch 3 comes with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199. The entire firmware package comes under the size of 258 megabytes that you can download via OTA on your smartphone.
Most interestingly, this update makes the users happy due to the plenty of big addition to the changelog including the new sleep mode that helps to greatly minimize the disturbance while sleeping. The update adds a real-time data sync option for other smart devices in the Huawei device ecosystem.
This update also installs new keyboard input for watch music search and Celia voice assistant is getting new featured commands for different types of works.
Furthermore, you can now choose to play music via a Bluetooth headset or watch. Wait! There’s more on this rollout, the update added optimization to the watch’s system including do not disturb mode, and helps you to get the most out of this watch by improving the system stability.
One thing you should know that this update is currently released in China and may expand for the global users just like the last version.
You can check the complete changelog linked below followed by the updates notes:
Huawei Watch 3 HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 update changelog:
- Added sleep mode. It can be entered in the shortcut menu. After the sleep mode is turned on, the calls and notifications will be muted and the screen will not turn on when the wrist is raised (except for the alarm clock). At the same time, the dial enters the simplified mode, which can make the battery life longer.
- After the mobile phone is connected to the watch and sports equipment at the same time, the data linkage between the watch and the sports equipment can be realized (iOS phones do not support it).
- In sports scenarios, it can be linked with Huawei smart screen, and the heart rate, calories, and other data monitored by the watch can be synchronized to the smart screen display in real-time (only Huawei smart screen X series, V series, S series are supported, and the smart screen needs to be upgraded to 2.0. 0.5XX and above, iOS phones do not support).
- Added keyboard input in watch music search.
- The voice assistant adds features such as guessing riddles, playing idiom solitaire, checking travel restrictions, finding mobile phones, and invoking remote control to take pictures.
- Click the “More Settings” (four dots) button on the watch music playback interface, and you can freely choose to play via Bluetooth headset or watch.
- In the Do Not Disturb mode, support the screen to turn on when you raise your wrist and solve the problem that the screen does not turn on when you turn on Do Not Disturb when you raise your wrist.
- Optimize system stability in some situations.
How to update your Huawei Watch 3:
- After configuring the WiFi for the watch, tap the upper button on the watch, and select Settings> System and Update> Software Update from the options.
- Click Check for updates and follow the prompts to complete the watch software version update.
- Please keep the power of the device greater than 45% before the upgrade installation
- Please ensure that the WLAN is connected during the upgrade process
- 1. In order to get a better user experience, please go to the Huawei App Market to update the “Sports and Health” app to the latest version.
2. Please keep the network connection during the update process, if the update fails, please try again.
3. The update process of the wearable device may be longer, please wait patiently for the progress bar on the device side to complete, the device will automatically restart after the system is updated
Huawei Watch Fit mini launched, stripped version of Watch Fit
On 21st October 2021, Huawei launch the Watch Fit mini, the smaller version of Watch Fit in the German market. Similar to the previous Watch Fit, the mini version adopts a classic rectangular watch design, offers various health features, and provides a battery backup for up to 2 weeks.
Besides the latest offerings, it has three beautiful colors of Frosty White, Mocha Brown, and Taro Purple which are suitable for every wrist. However, the users will be able to buy this latest smartwatch by the 11th of November 2021 that has been priced at €99 only in Germany.
As this watch isn’t available for purchase yet, we can discuss its functionality and offering at present. Below you can check its major highlights-
Huawei Watch Fit mini Specifications:
- Classic watch design
- 24 x 7 health monitoring features
- Personal Trainer
- Personal Assistant
- 2 Weeks battery life
This mini smartwatch embraces a rectangular design with rounded corners and metallic edge finishing. The watch case is framed with a 1.47 inch AMOLED FullView touchscreen display that offers over 300 watch faces from the store.
Its precision-made crown is mounted on the right giving more control to the user. Overall, this watch gave a sporty look meanwhile persevering its authentic elegance and top priority functionality.
Health monitoring features:
The health monitoring feature is the next thing we look forward to a smartwatch and the Watch Fit mini won’t disappoint the fitness freaks. Furthermore, synchronizing the watch with the Huawei Health App will get you to analyze the recorded data in a graph, so you prepare a better strategy. At present, you can check the main health features.
- Record of the menstrual cycle
- TruSleep 2.0 sleep tracking
- All-day SpO2 measurement
- Recording of the heart rate around the clock
- TruRelax stress control
Personal Trainer: 96 Workout modes
Same as the original Watch Fit, the mini smartwatch also offers 96 different indoor and outdoor training modes. It includes walking, running, cycling, skating, and so on. Additionally, users can also set daily activity goals, steps, and activity hours, to let the watch act as your personal trainer.
I am sure you have already heard about the rope skipping mode, that has been preinstalled in this mini watch. It offers you keeping an eye on your heart rate, calorie consumption, and more during the entire session.
The Huawei Watch Fit mini provides a battery life of up to 14 days for typical use. Meanwhile, the users can operate this watch for up to 10 days in intensive scenarios. Furthermore, its fast charging support filled the 2 days of battery life in just 5 minutes.
Besides all the above-mentioned functions, your will be able to enjoy the wrist assistant. The smartwatch will provide basic instant controls to you for easy convenience, which includes the following-
- Remote shutter release: This is the coolest function while taking group photos. It let to control your smartphone camera from a certain distance.
- Control your music: Stram the playlist you like without opening the smartphone. All the music control over the watch display.
- Call notification: It shows instance call notifications, so you can decide if the other person is important or not.
- Instant message replies: There are some customized messages that work with an automatic instant message reply algorithm.
New Huawei FreeBuds Lipstick launch showcasing the fusion of beauty and sound
Huawei has launched the new Huawei FreeBuds Lipstick earbuds with a fusion of beauty and sound. Its lipstick-shaped charging case is uniquely designed with spreading an aroma of elegance. However, this newest accessory is available for purchase.
Maintaining its air-like comfort, this open-fit active noise cancellation wearable delivers a high-resolution sound. But the matter of talk this time is its extraordinary shape designed on a lipstick frame. Let’s take a look at the charging case design here-
As we can see in the image, the case adopts a 3D triangular design with a golden and black color combination. At first, it looks like pure lipstick if we won’t open is for taking out the earbuds. The golden-plated Huawei banding is clearly visible in the bottom mid of the case.
In addition, the luxury-grade stainless-steel body forges after 30 intricately engineered design processes. Its every aesthetic reflects a fascination odor that is surely attractable by appearance only. However, its chic design isn’t lacking a superior, and smarter audio experience.
Speaking of which, the wearable equipped a 14.3 mm LCP dynamic driver to hits the high notes of up to 40 kHz range with a clear sound effect. In addition, the bass-enhancing power engine for greater generates a diaphragm vibration to deliver immersive melodies around you.
Additionally, its inbuilt microphone lets you record and transfer a front-facing sound. It supports a quick connection and comes with easy gesture controls. Overall if you tap twice you can attend or end incoming calls, play or pause the music list, and repeat for forwards next song. In addition, you can also wake up the voice assistant.
Moving feature if you swipe up on the stem of the earbuds the sound will increasing meanwhile swiping down will decrease the sound. Alternatively, long pressing on the earpiece will let you enable/disable the noise cancellation function and you can also reject calls.
Below you can check the system configuration on the device-
Huawei FreeBuds Lipstick Technical Information
- Dimensions: 41.4 x 16.8 x 18.5mm
- Weight: 4.1 gram
- Battery: 30mAh
- Charging Time: About 1 hour (in charging case)
- Dimensions: 70 x 27.4 x 27.4mm
- Weight: 84.5 gram
- Battery: 410mAh
- Charging Time: About 1 hour (without earbuds, wired)
- Contol gestures: Swipe, Tap-twice, Press and holds controls
- Connectivity: BT 5.2 compatibility, Pop-up pair, Simultaneous Dual device
- Sensor: Microphone: Wear detection sensor
- Audio Technology: Open-fit ANC, Call noise cancellation
- Resistance Level: IPX4
The Huawei FreeBuds Lipstick is available in a beautiful red color and has been listed on the global website of the company. Still, we are waiting for an official sale notification, as users can’t buy this aesthetic accessory at present. However, we continue keeping eye on this matter and will let your know once it’ll open for sale.