Huawei and Honor smartphones may have received big and small EMUI updates but recently, Huawei has pushed a new software update that comes with the size of only 230 kilobytes (KB) and pops up right into the notification panel.
However, the update doesn’t contain any change log or anything else, which is why our readers kept asking us about this new mysterious patch that just appeared on their phones.
Similarly, we’ve also received this patch on our Huawei smartphone and after the installation, it just shows, “Latest system settings installed”. Which is not a satisfying output.
Therefore, we reached to Huawei for an official answer about this update and here’s what the company has said.
“This is the newly supported feature for time zone system update modification. This update contains only the time zone setting change and size will be nearly 230KB. The time zone update is basically for supporting Daylight saving time (DST) which is applicable for some countries”
So it’s a simple setting shuffle with added support for time zone and nothing more. What have you expected from this patch? let us know in the comment below.
New features rolling out for Huawei Watch GT Runner smartwatch
Huawei Watch GT Runner smartwatch is now receiving a new software update that comes with HarmonyOS version 18.104.22.1688. The update also includes a set of new features to enhance the overall Huawei Watch GT Runner user experience. However, the Watch GT 3 has also received a similar update for consumers.
These new features for the Huawei Watch GT Runner include new wallet features for iOS devices. The update added a new multi-function widget preset dial, you can customize dial area features with this widget including steps, weather, heart rate, and more.
Adding to this, the update installs a respiratory health research app to achieve a preliminary screen for a lung infection. However, this feature doesn’t support the iOS platform for the time being. Furthermore, the consumers will get a new smart diagnosis feature that can detect and troubleshoot watch keys, touch screens, microphones, and more depending on the results of the diagnostic.
Time to touch on the optimizations section, this new firmware for the Watch GT Runner brings a new trajectory of import and export features. The update also optimizes the accuracy of outdoor motion trajectories. Moreover, you will get optimizations for system stability in some situations to improve the overall performance of this smartwatch.
To download this update:
Update your Huawei Watch GT Runner by connecting your smartwatch to the smartphone to fetch the software update. Go to the smartwatch section and then tap on the firmware section. Follow the on-screen instruction to download and install the software update.
Do keep in mind that the software update package may take some time to transfer the OTA update, so be patient while the update package extracts on the smartwatch.
(via – ithome)
Huawei Watch GT 3 gets a massive feature upgrade
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro is now released for the global consumer. In the meantime, the Chinese tech maker is seeding a new software update for Huawei Watch GT 3 smartwatch that brings a massive May 2022 upgrade for features as well as an addition to new ones.
According to the changelog, Huawei Watch GT 3 May 2022 update comes with a HarmonyOS version 22.214.171.1248 and contains a variety of new features as well as improvements over the existing firmware version.
The details reveal that the latest Huawei Watch GT 3 upgrade adds a preset dial of “card multi-function”, and optimizes the accuracy of outdoor sports tracks. This is a massive upgrade for this smartwatch since its launch and it perfectly combines all sorts of capabilities and truly feeds them to the Huawei Watch GT 3 with these capabilities.
Let’s check the update changelog.
- Added wallet feature when connected to iOS devices.
- Added “multi-function widget” preset dial, you can customize dial area functions, such as steps, weather, heart rate, etc.
- You can install a respiratory health research application to achieve preliminary screening for a lung infection (not supported with an iOS smartphone connection).
- Added smart diagnosis feature, which can detect and troubleshoot watch buttons, touch screen, microphone, etc., and provide detection results.
- Optimize the trajectory of Import and export features
- Optimize the accuracy of outdoor motion trajectories.
- Optimize the system stability of some scenarios.
1. Wallet function, respiratory health research application, and intelligent diagnosis function are only available in mainland China. The “Health” application initiates detection (mobile phones that support Android, EMUI, and HarmonyOS systems).
2. In order to obtain a better user experience, it is recommended to update the “Sports Health” application to the latest version through the application market before updating.
3. During the update process Please keep the Bluetooth connection, if the update fails, please try again.
4. The update process of the wearable device may take a long time, please wait patiently for the progress bar on the device side to complete, the device will restart automatically after the system update.
5. If you encounter any problems during use If you have any questions, please call the Huawei service hotline or go to the Huawei Customer Service Center for support. Select www.ithome.com
Huawei Nova 9 grabs February 2022 security (EMUI 12)
Huawei Nova 9 comes with a versatile camera system that allows you to take amazing photographs on every occasion. The phone doesn’t only come with a monstrous camera setup but also has its beautiful curved display that goes edge to edge to provide you with mesmerizing viewing experience for on-screen content.
Aside from powerful hardware and camera prowess, Huawei continuously improved this smartphone with the latest software updates. Therefore, it sends a new firmware rollout for the EMUI 12, which comes pre-installed on this phone.
In the latest edition, Huawei is sending a new software update for the Nova 9 global consumers that consist of a February 2022 EMUI security patch. Yes, we are sure that you may be thinking, why Huawei Nova 9 phone has received a February 2022 update instead of April or May? Well, Nova 9 is currently scheduled under the quarterly updates section and it could be the reason why Huawei is sending this software update.
You can get this software version via the Update section by going into Settings > from here tap on System & updates > here you can tap on Software updates and then you can follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest EMUI version. However, we recommend you to wait while the update installs on your Huawei Nova 9 smartphone, as it may take a few minutes to settle in your phone.
Huawei Nova 9 is powered by Snapdragon 778 4G including an octa-core architecture consisting of 4 x Cortex-A78 at 2.42 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 at 1.8 GHz. The quad rear camera system consists of a 50 MP Ultra Vision Camera (f/1.9 aperture), 8 MP Ultra Wide Angle Camera (f/2.2 aperture), 2 MP Depth Camera (f/2.4 aperture), and 2 MP Macro Camera (f/2.4 aperture). On the front side, the phone has a powerful 32MP camera.
(via – Huaweiailesi)