Today, Huawei has released a new software update for the Nova 8 SE smartphone that comes with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 22.214.171.124 and brings November 2021 HarmonyOS security patch with various fixes and solutions to improve the system against threats that could compromise users data.
Yesterday Huawei has released the 4G version of the Nova 8 SE device that comes with a pre-built HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. On the other hand, the rest of the specs remains the same as the 5G version except for the processor.
According to the information, Huawei Nova 8 SE November 2021 security update is rolling out in China and will expand gradually among the consumers. It’s noted that the Nova 8 SE has been upgraded from the EMUI ecosystem to the new Huawei operating system.
What to know:
- Please make sure that the phone is not ROOT, you can upgrade to version 126.96.36.199 online after receiving the push.
- The version is pushed in batches. In order to meet the needs of enthusiastic pollen for rapid upgrade, we have opened the upgrade application method of “My Huawei” app / “Member Center” app, and supports the upgrade of version 188.8.131.52 to version 184.108.40.206 , You can download the version through “My Huawei” APP> “Upgrade Early Access”> “Official Early Access”> “Experience Now” or “Member Center” APP> “Upgrade Early Access”> “Official Early Access”> “Experience Now” Upgrade.
- This version upgrade will not clear user data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to the PC or the cloud before the upgrade (please do not back up to the internal storage space of the phone), and confirm that the backup content is complete and effective.
- After the upgrade, the system performs self-optimization and adaptation, which may cause the phone to sometimes experience heat, fast power consumption, freeze or slow charging. It will return to normal after 2-3 days of normal use. It is recommended to charge the phone off-screen for more than 2 hours after the upgrade is completed (it is better to charge off-screen overnight), and then restart the phone to ensure that the phone application is quickly adapted.
- The system will restart after the update is completed. Please wait patiently for about five minutes.
Huawei Nova 8 SE 5G:
Huawei Nova 8 SE features a 6.53-inch OLED display with a 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, powered by MediaTek Dimensity 800U, EMUI 10.1 based on android 10, a waterdrop notch at the top with selfie snapper, a rear quad-camera system, 60Hz screen refresh rate, support for 66W flash charger, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB internal storage (expandable) and more.
The main quad-camera system consists of a 64MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth cameras with LED flash, 16 MP selfie camera. Other features include an under-display fingerprint scanner, handheld super night scene, 4K video recording, and much more.
The phone also supports dual SIM, 5G, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB-C, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Huawei FreeBuds Pro is testing HarmonyOS 2.0
It’s reported that one of the most popular smart audio devices – Huawei FreeBuds Pro is now testing HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. A screenshot coming from a Chinese consumer shows a FreeBuds Pro firmware upgrade with the HarmonyOS build version.
According to the screenshot, version 220.127.116.116 is under testing with beta features and the update only has an OTA size of 2.89MB. The update has a big changelog. However, the Huawei support representative has a different angle on this matter, the representative is unaware of this firmware version and reveals that the latest Huawei FreeBuds Pro software version is 18.104.22.1686.
Huawei Audio Service Widget:
After opening the Control Panel, you’ll find the audio control center, which will help you to quickly switch between multiple devices with one tap.
The latest feature is supported by the following devices:
- FreeBuds 4
- FreeBuds 4E
- FreeBuds Pro
- FreeBuds Lipstick
- FreeBuds Studio
- Smart Glasses
Here’s how to update your FreeBuds Pro:
Connet your FreeBuds Pro devices to a HarmonyOS powered by, then open Huawei AppGallery, then tap on My, and then on Update management. From here tap on Audio Manager and Smart Life App. Tap on an update to update the application.
To update the latest Audio service on your phone’s home screen visit Settings > Bluetooth Settings and then tap on Audio Services, followed by Add to Home Screen option.
(via – ithome)
HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global Huawei smartphones?
Huawei has its fully-owned operating system – HarmonyOS, which offers a bunch of new features in comparison to the EMUI software. The operating system was designed to work across different platforms including an extra edge of functionality in smartphone devices. In the current scenario, the Chinese tech maker is pursuing the HarmonyOS 2.0 version and continuously enhancing it by releasing new software update versions.
Now, Huawei is planning to reveal the next version of the HarmonyOS operating system – HarmonyOS 3.0. This new version will surely come up with some advanced features for smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and other adapted platforms. However, it was also reported that the upcoming Mate 50 series could arrive with a pre-installed HarmonyOS 3.0.
At Huawei Developer Conference (HDC), the Chinese tech maker announced HarmonyOS 3.0. Although, the tech firm has not revealed any specific details on the user interface but we’re aware that Huawei has focused on the performance part this time and wants to rollout this software version on most of the devices.
Currently, Huawei has not announced the rollout of HarmonyOS 3.0 or its testing but the developer preview roadmap of this software suggests that it could come somewhere in July. Still, a confirmation is awaited.
Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 for global users:
Meanwhile, many consumers of Huawei devices asked us, whether Huawei is planning to launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for the global Huawei smartphone owners? To answer that, we should look at some facts that have appeared previously on the ground.
Huawei currently treats HarmonyOS 2.0 as the Chinese consumer-based operating system, especially for smartphones. The company has told us in a statement that it has no plans to roll this out to global smartphone users and continues to push EMUI as the lead smartphone software.
Meanwhile, Huawei consumers are taking on EMUI 12 as their prime operating system and receiving it via OTA software update. Looking at the fact that HarmonyOS 2.0 is not coming to the global market, Huawei has made some changes in the core EMUI user interface and brought it much closer to its Chinese counterpart.
However, confirmation is still awaited on whether HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global consumers.
So what do you think, HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for the global consumers? Let us know via the poll below.
Will Huawei launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for global consumers?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) May 15, 2022
April 2022 HarmonyOS update released for these 6 Honor smartphones
Recently, Huawei has pushed off the April 2022 security update for several Honor smartphones running on the HarmonyOS operating system. As we know, after the separation of Huawei and Honor, the previously launched Honor smartphones came under the care of Huawei.
Yes! the latest software update rollout clearly shows the care of Huawei towards its former brand smartphones. Below, you can check the list of Honor smartphones, which getting the April 2022 HarmonyOS security update.
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor 20S
- Honor 30S
- Honor Play 4
- Honor Play 4 Pro
- Honor Play 9A
This newest update for the above-mentioned Honor smartphones mainly boosted the system’s security and stability. As it fixes over 49 vulnerabilities and threats found in the latest HarmonyOS software system. Read more
If you are any of the mentioned-device users in China and seeking for next update. Then, the update is here for you. Check the more information-related version below along with the update process and precautions.
Latest Version Details:
- Honor Magic 2: HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 updated from 126.96.36.199/231
- Honor 20S: HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 updated from 184.108.40.206
- Honor 30S: HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 updated from 18.104.22.168
- Honor Play 4: HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 updated from 126.96.36.199
- Honor X10 Max: HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 updated from 184.108.40.206
- Honor Play 4 Pro: HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 updated from 18.104.22.168
- Honor Play 9A: Magic UI 22.214.171.124 updated from 126.96.36.199
How to update:
Here are two ways to install the update and it’s up to you, which one do you like.
Open the phone settings menu, tap on system & updates then click on software updates. From here, tap on Check for updates and let the phone fetch the latest update for you. If an update appears on the device, tap on download and install.
Through My Huawei app:
Go to the My Huawei app and visit the support section. Afterward, tap on the update icon and follow the on-screen steps to grab the latest update.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter